Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 01:11 AM

Work Career?

What work did you do or still do?

Does it give you pleasure and fulfillment?

Rainbow x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 03:26 AM

Re: Work Career?

Retired now. Worked for 39 years in Accounts Receivable; after the company was sold, worked as receptionist/typist/file clerk and general dogsbody for a group of doctors. They were jobs, not a career; paid the mortgage, etc. Not challenging or particularly difficult or fulfilling, although they were well paid. If I had come into a sufficient amount of money to retire financially secure at any time I would have been out of there in a second!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 08:03 AM

Served Electrical Engineering apprenticeship, Design Engineering Degree, BA Technonolgy degree, Studied 13 years with the O.U, worked for various large companies and then started my own company in Heating and Ventilation sold it to the work force and retired, enjoyed every minute of it, especially the learning of new things.

I just wish I had more time left to learn more.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Career electronic technicial here. If it winked or blinked I could build it, install it, calibrate it, program it, operate it, troubleshoot it and repair it. I liked my job because I was always working with great people, those that operated the things I fixed. I became a good listener as that's how I determined what might be wrong with the thingy.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Been & done many things over the years including: Horse trainer, Lic. carpenter, Cartographer, Police officer, weather forecaster, and wildlife artist. The artist part of me has been with me all my life off & on. I finally decided to stick with just the art work cause I was getting to old & thread bare to do other things.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Career electronic technicial here. If it winked or blinked I could build it, install it, calibrate it, program it, operate it, troubleshoot it and repair it. I liked my job because I was always working with great people, those that operated the things I fixed. I became a good listener as that's how I determined what might be wrong with the thingy.

Bob, I loved this description of your work.

It is also so very important to really listen - because sometimes it is what someone does not say that is necessary to help them, and the clue is in what they do say! (Hope that makes sense)!!

Rainbow x
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Do you mean like hearing someone say: "I couldn't get the machine to work after I unplugged it"!
Rainbow
Surrey UK

14-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Do you mean like hearing someone say: "I couldn't get the machine to work after I unplugged it"!

Oh, what patience you must have!

Rainbow x
bobmielke
Portland, OR

14-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->

Oh, what patience you must have!

Rainbow x
I delight in seeing a drill sargent style supervisor put his foot in his mouth when I prove him wrong.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Am retired now. Worked in the Housing Department of the Council for 30+ years, then took early retirement and voluntary redundancy. Had two years doing nothing, then worked at my Vets part-time for 8 years until April last year. Enjoyed working at the Council, but loved working at the Vets far more........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top