Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 11:20 PM

Massage?

Following on the Hugger thread, I wondered if those whose comfort zone doesn't include hugging are also non-massage fans? I cannot imagine being poked, prodded, thumped and rubbed in a half-clad state by a complete stranger would be anything but very unpleasant. More a stress causer than a stress reliever!

Your comments/thoughts?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 11:40 PM

Re: Massage?

omg I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve it!! My hippy dippy friend does proper massages and I go every week. She faffs about burning sage and wafts it around us with an eagle feather and then does the tibetan bowl routine and burns other potions then she does my massage. She's amazing and it sends me into a groaning puddle of blurrrgh. My knickers stay on lol and shes a dab hand at raising and lowering the sheet when doing my front. Ive never once felt awkward or weird with her... Mind you shes the only person who gets a hug so maybe we're just close. But I float out of there like a balloon. She suffers if im stressed though and it starts to take her energy. Some people she cant do unless she's feeling right on form as they're too draining.
SHe also does special sinus massages for me which help hugely with my migraines. Having my head massaged is my idea of paradise!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 08:03 AM

I loved a good massage especially after a good Turkish bath or a hectic exercise session.

These days I only get a massage from my wife to relieve any tension in my shoulders.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Like Antibrown I used to have a massage after a Turkish bath. You do come out invigorated and walking on air, but I think it was more the Turkish bath than the massage for me. I can't seem to relax very well to get the benefit of a massage.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 11:44 AM

Again, getting a massage was a learned thing for me. Because of a severe side affect of one of my blood pressure meds I used to cramp up. I did so one time at 4 in the morning so severely that it tore ligaments and blood vessels in my left calf muscle. My podiatrist prescribed therapeutic massage treatments to rehabilitate that leg. It was wonderful since they combined heat therapy, ultrasound & deep muscle massage over a 6 week period. I had to go twice a week and it made all the difference in the world.

I now get pedicures once a month for my diabetes that include a great foot and leg massage. It greatly increases blood flow in the legs & feet. Diabetics suffer from poor circulation. It has helped my ability to walk & stand for extended periods of time without fatigue or cramping.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Never had a professional massage but it's something I wouldn't mind trying...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 12:47 PM

I never had one either. I don't think I'd fancy being mauled by a complete stranger in a strange room.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Does that mean you'd prefer to be mauled by a complete stranger in your own bedroom?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 01:19 PM

It might help to ease the tension Bob, but I'm to nervous a man for an outside massage job, I would be very uncomfortable about the whole thing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2011, 01:25 PM

I've never fancied a massage, I would rather relax in a hot bath to get rid of any aches and pains.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top