Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Truth or what

When you were courting and later when you got married did/do you tell the truth when you were/are asked how you feel about certain things or did/do you reply with what you think people want to hear?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Re: Truth or what

I think the latter formerly then the former latterly. And you?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
When you were courting and later when you got married did/do you tell the truth when you were/are asked how you feel about certain things or did/do you reply with what you think people want to hear?
Since you mentioned 'courting' and 'marriage' are you asking if the reply to 'Do you love me' should always be 'Yes'

Perhaps the answer should always be 'Yes' before marriage and 'Pass' after it No, hang on a minute, better make that 'Yes' any time, anywhere

In recent years I've found I don't have time to tell people what I think they want to hear, life is too short for that, I'd sooner not talk to them at all
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2011, 07:30 PM

When you are courting, you naturally go out of your way to impress the Girl and her Family, strutting your peacock feathers, as it were, it's all part of the mating game, the girls do the same. You can always come back down to Earth when you get married, mission accomplished, or if it doesn't work out get divorced, it happens all the time.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2011, 07:43 PM

I always tell the truth as I see it.
Of course, it doesn`t have to be the whole truth....
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 06:22 AM

I have been married for 34 years and up until the last 5 I have never lied to my dh. I thought I'd try it just to see if I could pull it off and after a few times I thought, this is just fantastic! Now I lie through my teeth about anything I can get away with. If I get caught out I just say my hearing wasn't the best that day! I would recommend it to anyone!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 07:59 AM

To deliberately lie about something is not right IMO, you are not only makeing a fool of the person you lie to but also being unture to yourself.

I have always called a spade a spade and if people dont like it then that is their problem not mine, at least people know where they stand with me.

I would never tell my OH that she looked nice if she did'nt, I would tell her that she did not suit the clothes that she was wearing or if her hair was not right.

The truth sometimes hurts but it does help a person to see themsleves in other peoples eyes.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
To deliberately lie about something is not right IMO, you are not only makeing a fool of the person you lie to but also being unture to yourself.

I have always called a spade a spade and if people dont like it then that is their problem not mine, at least people know where they stand with me.

I would never tell my OH that she looked nice if she did'nt, I would tell her that she did not suit the clothes that she was wearing or if her hair was not right.

The truth sometimes hurts but it does help a person to see themsleves in other peoples eyes
But thats just your opinion at work AB - other people may think completely different about how somebody looks and as the matter of dress is personal taste, I certainly wouldn't appreciate my OH being so blunt. I use my own judgement to decide if I look OK or not and my OH does the same about how he looks.

I would not deliberately lie to anyone, but sometmes there are degrees of truth and it is frequently what you don't say that people appreciate, especially if something might hurt feelings,
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 12:51 PM

I admire your courage AB, If my wife bought a new dress or had her hair done, and I said I didn't like it, there would be no end to the grieve she would cause me.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

22-02-2011, 01:31 PM

That is the one great thing about our relationship, being able to accept the truthful opinions from each other.

My wife would not like to go out anywhere dressed in something that did not suit her and be the cause of some women gossiping about her dress sense. She nearly always asks if she looks OK in outfits.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top