Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 08:08 AM

Holidays in Hell

We have a neighbour who is going on holiday to Egypt today and I asked them why with all the troubles there. Reply, Well, we booked it last year.

Holiday firms are still booking holidays in the middle east with all the troubles there.

Are people stupid or what, does your own safety not mean more than money that may be wasted if you cancel it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 08:43 AM

Re: Holidays in Hell

I too had a 'holiday from hell' in Egypt - but that was three years ago. Nothing to do with the people there - it was the tour company who placed us in this C- rap hotel during the second week of my stay, contrary to what I had originally booked and paid for.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 10:31 PM

I dont take foreign holidays (good luck to those who enjoy them) because they dont appeal to me. I cant see the point of straining myself to understand what the native people are saying and trying to make myself understood. Another thing to consider is the politics of that Country and if something happens can you get out quickly enough. My idea of a good holiday is peace of mind, plenty of good company, beer and food you can trust, and total relaxation, thats why I stay in my own Country come holiday time.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Are people stupid or what, does your own safety not mean more than money that may be wasted if you cancel it?
And this is less than six months since the Chandlers were finally released by the pirates of Somalia, they ignored all the warnings including one by the Captain of the Seychelles Yacht Club just days before they set sail.

And if something does go wrong it will be the Embassy and the Tax Payer who will have to charter a special plane etc.

Yes, people are stupid but then again, what else is new
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

22-02-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
And this is less than six months since the Chandlers were finally released by the pirates of Somalia, they ignored all the warnings including one by the Captain of the Seychelles Yacht Club just days before they set sail.

And if something does go wrong it will be the Embassy and the Tax Payer who will have to charter a special plane etc.

Yes, people are stupid but then again, what else is new

Agreed Barry !

I have absolutely no sympathy for the pair of silly Barstewards

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top