Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2011, 01:33 AM

Snow Storm Warning!!!!

Well, this photo pretty well sums it up. LOL

Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2011, 08:00 AM

Re: Snow Storm Warning!!!!

That is the sort of snow most people like Bob.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
That is the sort of snow most people like Bob.
Looking out my window at midnight there's still not a flake to be seen. That's the fourth time this winter all the weather geniuses have blown the forecast. I get tired of them panicing the public for nothing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2011, 09:55 AM

It's a fact Bob, the millions that are thrown at forecasting matters not a jot if they get it wrong. Most of the time they couldn't tell us what it did yesterday!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2011, 01:52 PM

These so called weather forecasters are a bunch of guessers, and bad ones at that. If I do a 'Forecast' in the bookies, it means I must get the first and second horse right in the correct order, if I don't I lose my stake. They come out with stupid statements when they get it wrong, like, 'The weather hasn't followed the predicted charts' and 'This is a really freak weather pattern'. Any good farmer would make a much better job of it. Why don't they just admit they can't predict the weather, or drop the word 'Forecast' from their title.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2011, 03:27 PM

It doesn't look like you'll be building a snowman there for a while, Bob!
bobmielke
Portland, OR

24-02-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It doesn't look like you'll be building a snowman there for a while, Bob!
I just woke up to a dusting of snow that would take real effort to create a snowman. Besides, the sun is out and there are patches of blue.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 03:39 AM

Count your blessings ...... they could have been right!
bobmielke
Portland, OR

25-02-2011, 03:58 AM

You know, being retired has it's advantages. I'm not trying to seem self centered but It just doesn't matter if it snows a bunch or not. Not having to go to work takes all the stress off driving.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 05:45 PM

I agree 100% Bob... makes all the difference in the world knowing you don't have to get up and face trying to get to work....... snow can make life very difficult for seniors, but getting to work isn't a problem now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top