Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Don't open the box.

I have recently purchased a product from a large British based electronics company with several branches over here, I'm not sure if I can name the company, but you all know the electronic experts company I'm on about. Luckily the item I bought works fine, but if it hadn't I was in for a shock. Their return policy is little short of a Les Dawson joke, it states in tiny writing at the bottom of the cash slip, 'The goods must be returned within 28 days in an unopened state'. I thought I was seeing things, how in the name of God is one to know if the item works if it's still in the box?.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 11:00 PM

Re: Don't open the box.

I recently returned a digital photo frame to Amazon because their web site claimed it was a battery powered portable unit. In fact, it comes with a power cube you must plug in the wall recetacle. I caught this in a review while I waited for its delivery. I contacted Amazon's customer service department and they were gracious enough to email me a RMA (Return Material Authorization) with the promise of a complete refund. I never opened the box.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Jemflux, you have a right to return faulty good under the consumer protection laws.
Your first port of call in the first six months is the store where you purchased the goods, after six months you contact the manufacturer.

A couple of sites to learn from, there are lots more if you google.

http://http://www.onlineshoppingrigh...-shopping.html

http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.u...-shopping.html
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info AB, it's nice to know there are still helpful people around.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Hmmmmmmmm - bring back Michael Miles and his tv programme - "Take your Pick".
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmmmmmmm - bring back Michael Miles and his tv programme - "Take your Pick".
I remember seeing "Take Your Pick" Joe, that glass bowl full of half crowns used to fascinate me the most I think....

But I digress, one of the worst things about having to return something, is getting it all back in the packaging and boxes. Even if I photograph the stuff coming out it still defeats me..the black art or what?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top