Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 01:22 PM

March is here!

Hello everyone, white rabbits, white rabbits!

I do hope Antibrown is well, it's unusual for him not to start the daily thread

Well, March is here so the days should start brightening and the gardening gloves go on. Saying that though, it's quite chilly here today.

Have a good day all!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Re: March is here!

'morning Mags oops sorry it's afternoon now

Sun is blazing away today but the nights are still cold, I hope we can get out in the garden soon, digging frozen earth is no fun
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Hello all, lovely day here today. I just got back from the shops getting tobacco, and I noticed the people were smiling a bit more than of late, don't know if it's the Spring weather or because we just kicked out the worst Government in the history of the State,maybe there's hope for us yet.
Hope you're OK AB. Have a great day all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Good morning all. I checked in earlier & noticed Antibrown hadn't started the ball rolling. I decided to return later.

I am really craving warmer, dryer weather right now. It rains 8 months of the year and generally is dry from July to the middle of October. That's not a very long summer but it is quite beautiful. I would settle for dry & 50F after all the cold rainy days we've had in February. I get a bit of cabin fever being stuck in my closet sized apartment day after day. What a waste!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Good mornig everyone. Dry and bright here and I've been in the garden all morning. Spring is definitely just around the corner.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Hi all! Happy St. David's Day to our Welsh friends. March coming in more lamb-like than leonine: sun, no wind, but only 2 C (35 F), as compared to yesterday's unseasonable but delightful 19 C (65 F)!! No news.

Hope all's well with AB......???
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Great to see it, love this time of year, trees are budding, new start new beginings
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 07:49 PM

With losing so many mature plants over the winter, we have already been frequent visitors to the garden centre, in fact it's getting embarrasing being addressed by name! We've already got some things started in the cold frame but I worry we may have been over enthusiastic and the whole house of cards could tumble if we have a few late hard frosts...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top