Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 05:34 AM

Re: What makes you feel secure?

I think if it's really bad weather and you are safe and warm inside your house you feel safe and secure against the elements.

I suppose though as Mups has said there are many types of feeling secure ...have to admit to feeling very insecure at times.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 06:01 AM

Hi

My Health.

When I am in good health, I fear no one and nothing.

It is very different when you are relying on others.

I will never be going into a Nursing Home, that would be a nightmare for me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Well 2 men in a white van, with guns, parked on my land yesterday, so I went out and said "Can I help you?".
They said "Oh you know us, the farmer let us come shooting rabbits on the field last year".
I pointed pointed out that it wasn't a permanent arrangement and, as the farmer had only recently laid new crops, I doubted that he would want them walking over them. They tried to argue so I asked "Should I phone the farmer or the police?"....at which point they got back in their van and drove off......so I suppose I feel fairly secure!
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 07:33 AM

My house, brother, friends ...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:04 AM

My Firewall.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well 2 men in a white van, with guns, parked on my land yesterday, so I went out and said "Can I help you?".
They said "Oh you know us, the farmer let us come shooting rabbits on the field last year".
I pointed pointed out that it wasn't a permanent arrangement and, as the farmer had only recently laid new crops, I doubted that he would want them walking over them. They tried to argue so I asked "Should I phone the farmer or the police?"....at which point they got back in their van and drove off......so I suppose I feel fairly secure!
Good on yer Twink.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Living remotely can be a bit scarey at times.

We no longer have a dog but luckily all our near neighbours do and as they are all outside dogs, you are soon alerted if there's anything/anyone around

But the thing that makes me feel most secure, is my own little nest egg. It's not a lot, but it means that I always have something set by for an emergency
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 11:31 AM

I am fortunate enough to live in a pleasant semi-rural village, I have a wonderful family who look out for my husband and myself.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 01:14 PM

My bottle of liquid morphine.

Seriously, though, for anyone who doesn't know, I have incurable cancer and have infections on top of that. I just got out of hospital and, although in some pain, have laid off the painkillers too much because I know how easy it is to get accustomed to them.

Last night, though, I said, "sod it" and had a proper dose of the liquid morphine. It took away the pain and made me sleepy around midnight and I did feel better.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My bottle of liquid morphine.
Oh Dreamy, I don't know what to say.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top