Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 02:20 PM

May's Immigration lies !!!

The whole argument regarding our membership of the EU is predicated on the issue of Immigration.

The scumbag 'nasty party' have promised to reduce immigration numbers to below 100,000, notwithstanding that they have never been able to achieve that reduction and in fact over the past couple of years immigration statistics have shown a RISE in the numbers coming here.

This (linked) article and the statistics contained therein together with the statements from various organisations, (including the CBI) show just how far fetched the Government's policy is and, as the article shows, the disconnect between policy and reality.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/12/0...nnect-between/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 02:50 PM

Re: May's Immigration lies !!!

It'll never come down to that figure, I don't understand why they said it would.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It'll never come down to that figure, I don't understand why they said it would.

Because they were pandering to the neo-fascists within and outside their party.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The whole argument regarding our membership of the EU is predicated on the issue of Immigration.
Utter utter utter Billy BS

It's predicated on a huge raft of serious issues of which immigration is just one. The fact that the EU is an emerging totalitarian police state is probably one of the primary reasons why we need to get out asap. Our basic freedoms like "Innocent Until Proved Guilty" will be at risk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

The scumbag 'nasty party' have promised to reduce immigration numbers to below 100,000, notwithstanding that they have never been able to achieve that reduction and in fact over the past couple of years immigration statistics have shown a RISE in the numbers coming here.

This (linked) article and the statistics contained therein together with the statements from various organisations, (including the CBI) show just how far fetched the Government's policy is and, as the article shows, the disconnect between policy and reality.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/12/0...nnect-between/
So presumably you would prefer it if they had reached their target? I know I would.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So presumably you would prefer it if they had reached their target? I know I would.
I'd prefer it if they would just manage that particular issue properly, with proper border controls, proper checks, refusing entry to anyone who doesn't follow the appropriate channels or who doesn't have the right paperwork.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'd prefer it if they would just manage that particular issue properly, with proper border controls, proper checks, refusing entry to anyone who doesn't follow the appropriate channels or who doesn't have the right paperwork.
Me too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Hi

I have been roundly criticised on this Forum because of my views of Mrs May.

It was a personal thing, which was correct, it is difficult to respect someone who cuts wages and allowances by 20%, allegedly to save jobs, before cynically forcing huge redundancies.

This is the person who promised to cut Immigration and take a hard line on illegals.

The one who stopped joint operations, instructed that any illegals found be released on bail to save money.

They promptly disappeared again.

The Home Secretary who instructed that checks on vehicles carrying illegals be reduced.

The Home Secretary who instructed that, even though we have a full legal agreement to immediately deport Illegals back to the EU, that staff were not to do so.

She is now in charge of negotiations with the EU at a time when Non EU Immigration is rising and illegals are flooding in.

I would be chuckling to myself if it were not so serious.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Just listening to Joanne Cherry of the SNP, who is stating that she is totally against the banning of freedom of movement after Brexit. She states that Scotland needs immigrants for their economy.

Okay Ms Cherry, let's make it compulsory that anyone wishing to settle and work in this country after Brexit, must be prepared to head for Scotland only and be prepared to live and work there.

Let's see if she still feels the same when, as has happened to the rest of the UK, housing, employment. education, NHS and social services are down on it's knees in Scotland.

I'm sure the people of Scotland will thank her for her kind generosity in their name.

No, it's a ridiculous suggestion as anyone would say, hence the reason she can afford to spout off such platitudes in favour of free movement when she knows full well that Scotland is not the first choice of incoming immigrants.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have been roundly criticised on this Forum because of my views of Mrs May.

It was a personal thing, which was correct, it is difficult to respect someone who cuts wages and allowances by 20%, allegedly to save jobs, before cynically forcing huge redundancies.

This is the person who promised to cut Immigration and take a hard line on illegals.

The one who stopped joint operations, instructed that any illegals found be released on bail to save money.

They promptly disappeared again.

The Home Secretary who instructed that checks on vehicles carrying illegals be reduced.

The Home Secretary who instructed that, even though we have a full legal agreement to immediately deport Illegals back to the EU, that staff were not to do so.

She is now in charge of negotiations with the EU at a time when Non EU Immigration is rising and illegals are flooding in.

I would be chuckling to myself if it were not so serious.
TBH swim I thought she couldn't possibly be as bad as you said, ex employees often have a dark view of their employers, but dear lord how right you were. She's a nightmare !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top