Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:22 PM

Re: Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It's not the "gender" that being described as "neutral", it's the object of the adjective "gender-neutral", i.e. changing-rooms, being described as "suitable for, applicable to, or common to both male and female genders".
So true. They aren’t.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:28 PM

I wouldn’t like to use a unisex changing room either.
When my children were very young, l worked 8 hours a week as a receptionist in a Squash Centre.
One day, I had to visit the ladies changing room, where l saw a very tall dental nurse from my dentists. She came over to chat to me and she was stark naked.
I honestly didn’t know where to look, I was very embarrassed. All l remember was, she was completely flat chested as they were almost at my eye level.

I am saying this because l am imagining, what if this had been a unisex changing room and it was my male dentist, not the nurse and he wanted to chat?!

My eyes would have to be averted to the ceiling!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-46862566

I don't understand why "gender-neutral" changing areas (and, elsewhere, toilets) are being introduced, when common-sense suggests that "pervs" will be delighted with the opportunities provided for exhibitionism and titillation .....
The PC Brigade are simply contributing to the ruination of this country.

I've had it worrying about the future of this country. Let it sink if that's what a vociferous minority wants.

The majority of sensible people are not listened to by the authorities, so what can we do about it?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'd better pop over to Bath to see for myself...
I agree!
I think everyone should pop over and see for themselves - then perhaps they may have some idea of what they are talking about before rabbiting on about all this pc cobblers - don't knock until you've tried it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I wouldn’t like to use a unisex changing room either.
When my children were very young, l worked 8 hours a week as a receptionist in a Squash Centre.
One day, I had to visit the ladies changing room, where l saw a very tall dental nurse from my dentists. She came over to chat to me and she was stark naked.
I honestly didn’t know where to look, I was very embarrassed. All l remember was, she was completely flat chested as they were almost at my eye level.

I am saying this because l am imagining, what if this had been a unisex changing room and it was my male dentist, not the nurse and he wanted to chat?!

My eyes would have to be averted to the ceiling
It's what he might have said that's shocking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:50 PM

If they didn't have unisex facilities just think how many different types they would need to satisfy the various sexual groups.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:25 AM

We have had shared changing rooms for years at our pool and health suite. Nobody thinks anything of it, myself included. We share the shower area, saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs as well. It's all separate cubicles for getting dressed/undressed ect. Never heard of any trouble over the years, and nobody walks about naked.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:50 AM

We have what’s referred to “Family Change” rooms at our gym that are unisexed. I’ve never gone into them so have no idea what they are like but I haven’t heard any crazy stories either.
Perhaps if they changed the name to “gender neutral” they’d have a different group of people using them. I’m not sure. Times are changing .

I’m not very comfortable with anyone walking around naked exposing themselves to all. It’s uncomfortable . Most people change and that’s it so alls good. It’s a great gym!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:55 AM

no one heard of fig leaves?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:59 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8519086.html

The vast majority of reported sexual assaults at public swimming pools in the UK take place in unisex changing rooms, new statistics reveal.

The data, obtained through a Freedom of Information request by the Sunday Times, suggests that unisex changing rooms are more dangerous for women and girls than single-sex facilities.

Just under 90 per cent of complaints regarding changing room sexual assaults, voyeurism and harassment are about incidents in unisex facilities.

What’s more, two thirds of all sexual attacks at leisure centres and public swimming pools take place in unisex changing rooms.

Of 134 complaints over 2017-2018, 120 reported incidents took place in gender-neutral changing rooms and just 14 were in single-sex changing areas.

In a further 46 cases, sexual assault allegations were made about attacks in other areas such as in the pool, in a sports hall or corridors.

Unisex facilities account for less than half the changing areas across the UK, but the number is on the rise - doing away with separate male and female changing rooms and toilets is seen as a way to cut staff costs and better cater for transgender people.
IMO, Those figures will, inexorably, increase with the introduction of further "mixed" facilities .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top