Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Re: Do You Have Much To Do With Your Cousins?

Not seen my cousins for years, mind you, I have one less now having found out he had a different father!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:53 PM

No some have died and didn't know.until months later
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I mostly see my cousins at funerals and weddings these days. Sometimes, l see them in the town and we always get on really well.
My own children have a lot to do with their cousins, except one of my sister’s three boys, who they have absolutely nothing in common with! I don’t think they would even recognise them if they saw them!

So what about you and your family, do you get on ok with your cousins and keep in touch? Or are they your worst enemies?
I am in touch, mostly by social media. Today I had quite a long call from a cousin, three years my elder. We are trying to catch up on family history.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:06 PM

Until I was about 8, I used to play "Doctors and Nurses" with my sister and 5 cousins (2 male, 3 female) on my father's side .....

Sadly, the cousins (1 male, 4 female) on my mothers side were "religious" and well aware that the wages of sin is death (or worse) .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:18 PM

I have three cousins, all male. We've never kept in touch and I only see two of them at funerals.

I've always thought if I had a female cousin we would have kept in touch more.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 10:34 PM

15 cousins, three dead, see them only at funerals. It's nice to see them but we don't keep in touch.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:04 AM

Same as you Art, weddings and funerals only. I don't dislike my cousin but we have nothing in common except our family tree.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:09 AM

I have a favourite cousin, I love her to bits.
My other cousins are across the other side of the world.
I am close with my husband's cousins.
We are going away together in March.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:10 AM

Yes I have several cousins and 2nd cousins ect I see most of them when I'm down at my own home for a while, we meet up for a catch up lunch. We keep in touch through Facebook and Skype when I'm up north. We all get along fine.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:05 AM

I have two cousins on my late mother's side of the family. They are both on their sixties.
I saw them both together at their mother's funeral a year ago and promised to keep in touch.
Sadly I haven't, but I will be visiting one of them who lives near Scarborough this summer. She is a lovely person.
The other lives in Bedford and I really should make the effort to arrange to see him.
My only other cousin died about three years ago. He was my late father's nephew.
All I have is a sister and a nephew apart from my wife, her two daughters and grandchildren.
My wife has an enormous family but doesn't see her cousins much. She does however keep in touch with her brothers and sisters and all their offspring.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top