Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Re: Do You Have Much To Do With Your Cousins?

I have four cousins but only one that I keep in touch with even though we don't see each other that often
We have a special bond that of shared childhood memories .

Mr M has loads hes doesn't even know their names and has never been in touch with any of them .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have a favourite cousin, I love her to bits.
My other cousins are across the other side of the world.
I am close with my husband's cousins.
We are going away together in March.

I thought that conviction was quashed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Some of us keep in touch by letter several times a year, some have disappeared into their own lives not in touch with anyone else and some we hear about from the ones write to us as they are still in touch with them. That's on my side, on my husbands side he had no cousins none at all.

I'd actually say I'm closer to one cousin than my own sister, probably because she has never asked anything of me and I have asked nothing of her, that IMO makes for a better friendship altogether.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 10:35 PM

I never bother with cousins. I don't even think of them as relatives, really.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 02:31 AM

My cousins wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, I have nothing to do with any of them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
My cousins wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, I have nothing to do with any of them.
I always wonder why this saying never states me, family first
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 10:45 AM

ok lets change it;;;;

My cousins wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire....

satisfied now Spitty.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:45 AM

After a fall out between my Dad and his brother I never see my two cousins (male and female) we did have slight contact before the fall out but we've never really gelled. Dad and his brother have long since passed away, and my Auntie and my two cousins have disappeared off the face of the earth....Not even so much as a Christmas card.

I had three cousins on my Mum's side (one female and two males) who, as a boy, I spent lots of time with. Not so much with the female cousin because she was quite a bit older than us lads, and thought we were daft. But we all left school got jobs and spread out around the country. The two boys have since died, and Pauline lives with a moron who likes beer, so we don't often bump into them....Thank God!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:01 PM

My dad's family were large, so many cousins that I saw regularly at my grandparents, but I haven't managed to keep in touch with them since my dad died at the age of 56.
My mum had 1 brother, who had a son and 2 daughters, that I kept in touch with. Sadly Arthur died last year, but I still contact Helen, in Australia, & her sister Janet who lives in Spain.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Unfortunately no Art, I don't have any cousins living in England at all as both parent Irish and they were the only ones in their families to settle over here in the 40's.
Have dozens and dozens in Ireland though! Sadly, as time gone on and both Mum and Dad at rest, we no longer see any of them, or even keep in touch any more. I don't even know if they are still with us or not!

Kind of sad really.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top