Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Re: Internet Providers monthly cost

Everything here is Talktalk. TV, landline & BB. Set up by my late OH a few years ago. It's £53.95 per month. It's probably cheaper elsewhere but I couldn't stand the hassle of changing.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:08 PM

EE is also owned by BT Group. EE offered me a cheaper deal than I presently have with BT for broadband and telephone. Unfortunately, like probably most companies these days, the BT contract I had allowed them to collect all remaining monthly costs should I wish to leave before the contract ends, at that time it would have cost £277. My present broadband is very good at about 38MB download speed and at a deal of £27.99 a month for that and as basic telephone costs as I can get for approx. £19 monthly line rental it's not too bad. However, I was informed that I can have the service without a lengthy contract but that would cost approximately £54 a month plus line rental of about £19. There's no way of winning with BT, they have it all fixed so they always win and the consumer never does.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:37 PM

I have been with Talktalk for almost 10 years. Line rental, broadband, land line phone calls 24/7 and Talktalk Youview TV box all for £30 a month. Never had much problems in that time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I have been with Talktalk for almost 10 years. Line rental, broadband, land line phone calls 24/7 and Talktalk Youview TV box all for £30 a month. Never had much problems in that time.
Wow that is a bargain..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Our Plusnet comes in through a overhead phoneline connection Judd, but just a word to the wise on Virgin, they do charge for the whole of the contract if you cancel early so be aware of when your contract with them is up for renewal.

The connection speed through a telephone wire (have to get one installed first ) is only averaging 16mb/s according to Plusnet website, a bit of a come-down from what I'm used to.

I've been with NTL, taken over by Virgin, since the mid-eighties and am not on a contract as such so could cancel at any time. A price rise is imminent in February and am getting fed up of being ripped off when compared with other BB deals.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The connection speed through a telephone wire (have to get one installed first ) is only averaging 16mb/s according to Plusnet website, a bit of a come-down from what I'm used to.

I've been with NTL, taken over by Virgin, since the mid-eighties and am not on a contract as such so could cancel at any time. A price rise is imminent in February and am getting fed up of being ripped off when compared with other BB deals.
I'd be amazed if there wasn't a contract somewhere Judd, not saying you're wrong but just never heard of that before with Virgin, might be worth just asking the question as it cost us nearly £170 when we moved house mid contract, even though where we moved to wasn't covered by their cable so they wouldn't have been able to supply the new address anyway....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top