Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:16 PM

Moto Gp v F1

Just been watching Argentine gp.
Cant help comparing it to F1, for me its no contest
Allthough moto1 was a walkover for Mark & Honda.
Moto 3 & 2, were at their brilliant best, overtaking was
par excellance.
Moto1 was spoilt by the dominance of the combination of
Honda and Mark. Not to worry, all the other teams will chip
away at the problem and get themselves sorted.
I am surprised the new V 4 Ducati was'nt more up there.
Why do you think this is?
Any comments!

Best Regards Donkeyman.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:09 PM

Re: Moto Gp v F1

Moto GP does tend to be more interesting to watch than F1 and the bravery of the riders is certainly impressive but todays's Bahrain F! was good, the new regulations seem to have improved things. Le Clerc was very unlucky.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Moto GP does tend to be more interesting to watch than F1 and the bravery of the riders is certainly impressive but todays's Bahrain F! was good, the new regulations seem to have improved things. Le Clerc was very unlucky.
Hi Ray, had just sent my last post and switched to Baharain
replay, Wow, why did'nt they do this before,extraordinary!
Could not be better! ,and so many new drivers showing
as well.
Pity it will be going electric soon.

Best Regards, Donkeyman
Ray Cathode
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:35 PM

From a spectator viewpoint the IoM TT racing and the Ulster road races are the ultimate but just so dangerous, I prefer not to see people die.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-04-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
From a spectator viewpoint the IoM TT racing and the Ulster road races are the ultimate but just so dangerous, I prefer not to see people die.
Hi again Ray, l agree totally on IOM, body armour and
Kevlar versus flintstone walls is no contest. Myself l
believe it should be banned again, but it seems that
capitalism rules when it comes to peoples lives.

Best Regards, Donkeyman.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 11:16 AM

I've been to the Isle of Man and know just what the roads are like there. I have never seen the TT Races, other than on television, but as an ex-biker I can appreciate only too well the dangers of racing there. How on earth they manage to take the corners at those speeds is totally beyond me!

The long, long list of those who have lost their lives in the TT Races shows how dangerous it is. This is easily found but I prefer not to give a link to it.

This video of one person, Guy Martin, very lucky to get away with it shows just how dangerous it is:

This five-minute video gives some idea of just what it's like to ride the course and gives comments by those who do just that:

Ray Cathode

01-04-2019, 11:44 AM

Guy seems to lack any sense of self preservation, this is how his 2010 TT ended

Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Haven't checked out Guy Martin's history in the Isle of Man TT Races but anyone who does get away with it really is living a charmed life I reckon. I did find another very interesting video on You Tube, there are lots of them, this one featured a race from 2014. It was commentated on by a rider who was just 28 and expressing his thoughts on the 'buzz' of the racing, four years' later he was a fatality himself. Had it not been for that I would have put the video on here as it was an example just what that 'adrenalin buzz' actually is for those who take part.

I've had two motorcycle accidents myself, both in the UK on public roads though, they were around 50 years' ago now but one knee injury still causes me problems on occasions. After the second one I gave up riding motorcycles. Even though I know the 'buzz' of speed, it was far too dangerous all that time ago, I hate to think of what it's like nowadays with the modern road motorcycles and the acceleration and speeds they are capable of reaching.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-04-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Haven't checked out Guy Martin's history in the Isle of Man TT Races but anyone who does get away with it really is living a charmed life I reckon. I did find another very interesting video on You Tube, there are lots of them, this one featured a race from 2014. It was commentated on by a rider who was just 28 and expressing his thoughts on the 'buzz' of the racing, four years' later he was a fatality himself. Had it not been for that I would have put the video on here as it was an example just what that 'adrenalin buzz' actually is for those who take part.

I've had two motorcycle accidents myself, both in the UK on public roads though, they were around 50 years' ago now but one knee injury still causes me problems on occasions. After the second one I gave up riding motorcycles. Even though I know the 'buzz' of speed, it was far too dangerous all that time ago, I hate to think of what it's like nowadays with the modern road motorcycles and the acceleration and speeds they are capable of reaching.
Hi Baz,, l agree with you on most of your post,
But l think it was only safer in my time anyway, because
of one thing, lack of cars clogging the roads, and
getting in OUR way.
The bikes now are so advanced, regarding stopping
Handling, accelleration etc, they can only be safer if
ridden with training and discretion.
Most of the danger comes from the sheer numbers
of cars and their usually, unfocused, u!ntrained, owners.
Bikers are usually the opposite to this for obvious
reasons.

Best Regards Donkeyman.😋😋😋
Baz46

02-04-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hi Baz,, l agree with you on most of your post. But l think it was only safer in my time anyway, because of one thing, lack of cars clogging the roads, and getting in OUR way.
The bikes now are so advanced, regarding stopping Handling, accelleration etc, they can only be safer if ridden with training and discretion.
Most of the danger comes from the sheer numbers of cars and their usually, unfocused, u!ntrained, owners.
Bikers are usually the opposite to this for obvious reasons.

Best Regards Donkeyman.😋😋😋
As far as today's motorcycles being so far advanced goes, have a look at the link below showing
0-60 mph times of under 3.5 seconds, add that to the very small outline a motorcyclist presents and it's not surprising sometimes they are not seen without a second look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_acceleration

I wouldn't say 'their usually, unfocussed, untrained owners' as there must be many car owners who are very good and careful drivers, plus of course many ex-motorcyclists like myself who do take a lot of care on the roads due to previous experience gained on motorcycles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top