Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 03:29 AM

A Dingo Took my Baby

Carefull when you are on holiday.

Two dingoes have dragged a sleeping toddler from a camper trailer on Fraser Island off Queensland's coast.

The boy suffered a fractured skull, two deep lacerations to the back of his neck and head, and several minor lacerations to the back of the scalp.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-...sland/11031828

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:23 AM

Re: A Dingo Took my Baby

What a horrible thing to happen. Hadn't realised there were still any dingos around. Do they attack people often, Bruce?

I remember a similar case where no-one believed the mother and she went to gaol. They made a film about it - starring Meryl Streep (I think).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:30 AM

Indeed they did .
It took Lindy Chamballain over 30 years to get the courts to put down taken by dingo on the death certificate .
The case caused national hysteria and hate even though there was no evidence against her at all .
All to the contrary in fact -( the evidence of the aborigine tracker -who was a woman was ignored ) despite that and the fact she was pregnant she was given life with hard labour .
It was partly her demeanour -people just hated her and the fact they were seventh day adventists .
Ignorance and injustice had a field day .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Thank you, Muddy, I couldn't remember the details.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a horrible thing to happen. Hadn't realised there were still any dingos around. Do they attack people often, Bruce?

I remember a similar case where no-one believed the mother and she went to gaol. They made a film about it - starring Meryl Streep (I think).
They're a wild animal. On Frser Island there have been people bitten by them before and a lot of people have called for a cull to reduce numbers.

The problem is stupid people feed wild animals, it makes them lose their fear of humans. Personally I am dead against it be it a bird or a dog.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 02:34 PM

Why not cull stupid parents instead?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Carefull when you are on holiday.

Two dingoes have dragged a sleeping toddler from a camper trailer on Fraser Island off Queensland's coast.
Where were the parents?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Where were the parents?
Apparently they were woken by the child's cries!
I hope the child recovers well but I also hope the parents will learn that taking children camping, in anything that isn't secure, is not a great idea where dangerous animals are found.

The dingo was probably just looking for food !
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Apparently they were woken by the child's cries!
I hope the child recovers well but I also hope the parents will learn that taking children camping, in anything that isn't secure, is not a great idea where dangerous animals are found.

The dingo was probably just looking for food !
Yes, but how did it get in?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, but how did it get in?
I have no idea, but it is warm there so maybe an open window. If it was a trailer tent I am sure it could rip the canvas!
Not somewhere I would want to put a child to sleep

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top