Join for free
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:17 PM

Re: Eurovision song Contest 2019

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, she was, I think that's the trouble with a lot of performers, we expect them to sound like they did in their prime but of course they no longer do. I do think the sound was a bit 'iffy' there though, I heard several out of tune moments over the evening.
Yes that's true Longdogs, I remember seeing Don Maclane a couple of years ago and he was singing a couple of octaves lower than I remember.
There are still a few around that still sound as good as new though, Tom Jones doesn't seem to have lost it and of course.....Mick Jagger...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes that's true Longdogs, I remember seeing Don Maclane a couple of years ago and he was singing a couple of octaves lower than I remember.
There are still a few around that still sound as good as new though, Tom Jones doesn't seem to have lost it and of course.....Mick Jagger...
IMO, Celine Dion (a previous Eurovision winner) has the most perfect voice technically. Like her or not, I have never heard her hit a 'bum' note.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:27 PM

Ah, I see I thought it was just a gimmick because she has been wearing it for some time now.
Speaking of eye patches, can you remember 'Johnny Kidd and the Pirates' and 'Doctor Hook and the Medicine show'

Sylvias mother said........

We know a Sylvia don't we.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2019, 12:30 PM

IMO, Celine Dion (a previous Eurovision winner) has the most perfect voice technically. Like her or not, I have never heard her hit a 'bum' note.
Me neither Longy, loved the Titanic theme.....It's one of 'our' special films Longy.....Mrs Fox and me that is........Just in case you were wondering.....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:32 PM

"Who is Silvia? What is she?
That all our swains commend her?"
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
"Who is Silvia? What is she?
That all our swains commend her?"
The charming Sylvia works on the tills in Tesco TessA, and never fails to keep me entertained with her good looks and sharp wit.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:06 PM

Me neither Longy, loved the Titanic theme.....It's one of 'our' special films Longy.....Mrs Fox and me that is........Just in case you were wondering.....
Did you know it was on yesterday Foxy?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-05-2019, 01:08 PM

Speaking of eye patches, can you remember 'Johnny Kidd and the Pirates' and 'Doctor Hook and the Medicine show'

Sylvias mother said........

We know a Sylvia don't we.......
I know her mother.

Yes I do remember those, I always thought it funny that Dr Hook as I used to call him, may have lost an eye by scratching it with his hook.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:04 PM

I've been wondering all day what Madonna's message was. I may have stumbled across a few points. Agree or disagree but she always has a message in her performances.

Firstly on seeing the eye patch , Mosha Dayan sprang to mind, which led me to other things.

If you see her outfit at the beginning, she has a 'hooked cross' on the front of her garment. That is a attributed to the Military Order of the Knights Templar and said to represents what the Templars saw as a “New Trinity:” Father, Mother, Daughter–Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Sarah, the daughter. ( so is Madonna symbolising herself and crown with Mary, mother of Jesus ?)
The same 'hooked cross' is said to be connected to Freemasonry .

The armoury style costumes clearly sent message of medieval battle, and a period of the Knights Templars along with medieval Cistercian monks.

Haven't got a clue what the pillars were about or the girlies in white , or Madonna's symbol on her dress, but it almost certainly meant something.

Girlies in white could represent angels, as the others all seemed to fall to their doom.

Complex woman !

Just read that Madam X is her new alter-ego and new album.

That's all folks..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:54 PM

it is the Eurovision song contest. Since when has Europe extended to say Australia and those other countries outside Europe.

Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top