Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:58 PM

Re: Come on England!

We always have a problem, according to Brad Haddin!

New Zealand deserved to be sledged in the Cricket World Cup final, according to Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin, as the Kiwis were "too nice." In an interview on the Triple M radio station, Haddin remarked that the New Zealanders were so nice for seven days that it became "uncomfortable."
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->

New Zealand deserved to be sledged in the Cricket World Cup final, according to Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin, as the Kiwis were "too nice." In an interview on the Triple M radio station, Haddin remarked that the New Zealanders were so nice for seven days that it became "uncomfortable."
Jeez Ciderman. I am a Sydneysider who has spent many years in the past living in places in The Eastern Suburbs like Waverley (Which includes Bondi) Coogee and Randwick. Consequently I have known hundreds and hundreds of Kiwis. Like all other nationalities many of them were Fantastic and great to hang with.(Especially the girls )And a few were vile. MOst were somewhere in between. But I have to say I never met a KIwi in my life that was so nice it was uncomfortable..Haha. And that includes cricketers
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've just watched the highlights on Channel 4 and was both excited and relieved to see England beat the Aussies. Our players all played really well, and I hope they can repeat that standard when we play New Zealand.

Getting most of their batsmen out so early in the game was amazing and had even Marge on the edge of her seat.

I had every expectation that the Aussies would win because, although they do come across as arrogant and cocky, they do have a very good record in cricket.

I'm also very glad I found this thread because I wouldn't have know that they're going to switch to More 4 at 1.15pm, just for the bloody boring racing cars! Thanks, SG for the heads up.

I'll now have to include my current channels on both recorders to include More 4, which I had removed because there's nothing worth watching on that channel - until now!
As I said in my previous post, the better side won yesterday. And they deserved to. So well done England!..I heard this comment (In bold) a fair bit when I lived briefly in England. I will admit at times I have thought the Australian Cricket Team have pushed it with rough tactics and sledging. This goes way back to the Chappell, Border, Lillee, Thompson, Marsh days. Steve Waugh continued the "hard nut" tradition but the likes of Mark Taylor and Michael Clark tempered it somewhat. I think the Oz cricket team has changed in character many times over the years. LOts of ups and downs and particularly the death of Phil HUghes turned everybody's head mad I think. But hopefully the tough fairness and decency that the baggy green represents will prevail after this very testing time. But once again all credit to England. Your turn to be cocky.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->

I'd much rather have nice than arrogant!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
As I said in my previous post, the better side won yesterday. And they deserved to. So well done England!..I heard this comment (In bold) a fair bit when I lived briefly in England. I will admit at times I have thought the Australian Cricket Team have pushed it with rough tactics and sledging. This goes way back to the Chappell, Border, Lillee, Thompson, Marsh days. Steve Waugh continued the "hard nut" tradition but the likes of Mark Taylor and Michael Clark tempered it somewhat. I think the Oz cricket team has changed in character many times over the years. LOts of ups and downs and particularly the death of Phil HUghes turned everybody's head mad I think. But hopefully the tough fairness and decency that the baggy green represents will prevail after this very testing time. But once again all credit to England. Your turn to be cocky.
I don't think we're going to be cocky; it's not in our nature - apart from football supporters, of course - and NZ might beat us on Sunday!

BTW, don't forget 'Sandpapergate'!
keezoy
Australia

12-07-2019, 11:43 AM

I don't think we're going to be cocky; it's not in our nature - apart from football supporters, of course - and NZ might beat us on Sunday!

BTW, don't forget 'Sandpapergate'!
OH thanks for reminding me about that JBR. I had plumb forgotten all about it. NOT. As I said in a past post. We get it. Message received. It was shameful. The pits. We know. We will never forget it. Perhaps you could check out my previous thread/post. "An apology to the British Public" Maybe that will illustrate the depth of regret I and many other Australians have about "sandpapergate" and how unlikely it is that we will forget it in a hurry.
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

12-07-2019, 10:50 PM

I might be the only female posting here but I am a bit of a cricket tragic. (I blame this on my granddad, who never took his ears away from the radio or eyes from the TV when a game was on)
Backing the Blackcaps all the way obviously, but regardless of the result, will be good to see a new team and nation holding the trophy!
Good luck to both sides... But more to NZ
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-07-2019, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kowhaigirl ->
I might be the only female posting here but I am a bit of a cricket tragic. (I blame this on my granddad, who never took his ears away from the radio or eyes from the TV when a game was on)
Backing the Blackcaps all the way obviously, but regardless of the result, will be good to see a new team and nation holding the trophy!
Good luck to both sides... But more to NZ
Yes, good luck to both teams.

If the All Blacks win, I shall not moan or quibble.
Similarly, had the Aussies won. As I have said, they have been a very strong team for a long time.
If we win, I shall celebrate with a large single malt!
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

12-07-2019, 11:51 PM

Yes, good luck to both teams.

If the All Blacks win, I shall not moan or quibble.
Similarly, had the Aussies won. As I have said, they have been a very strong team for a long time.
If we win, I shall celebrate with a large single malt!
I hope you never get a chance to enjoy that single malt lol... Unless in raising your glass as a toast to the victorious Kiwis!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 12:44 AM

As I have no tele

Hoping it will be streamed live on you tube.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top