Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 03:26 AM

Nose Cancer

Man a friend of mine told me he has been diagnosed with nose cancer. Yuuk! Never heard of it before.He is early sixtees.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:10 AM

Re: Nose Cancer

Originally Posted by precious ->
Man a friend of mine told me he has been diagnosed with nose cancer. Yuuk! Never heard of it before.He is early sixtees.
Facial cancer is becoming more common and it is often caused by smoking!
A very close friend has a son who developed mouth cancer. They were told, last week, that he probably has 6-8 weeks before he dies & he is on morphine to reduce the pain.
I know this isn't what we want to hear, but I just hope that it will give those, who think about stopping smoking, a stronger reason to do so!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:38 AM

My friend (now dead) had nose cancer due I think to her smoking. She showed me a rigid plastic face mask with a hole in the centre that she had to wear when receiving treatment and which she kept. Didn't help her though, she died a few years later, and her nose was destroyed. She became too self conscious to go out of the house except when she had to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 09:51 AM

These cancers seem to be on the rise, friend of ours had a nasty tumour by his eye, sun damage caused it apparently. As we get more sun with climate changes I guess this will carry on happening more often.
Sadly people with facial disfigurement often get treated quite badly, judged in ways people with other cancers aren't.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

02-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Sadly, I have a friend whose husband died of mouth and throat cancer quite recently.
It was very agressive. I have no idea whether he was a smoker, but he was only 39 when he passed away.
Cancer is a truly terrible thing.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
Sadly, I have a friend whose husband died of mouth and throat cancer quite recently.
It was very agressive. I have no idea whether he was a smoker, but he was only 39 when he passed away.
Cancer is a truly terrible thing.
Those of us who reach 60 tend not to appreciate the fact we should be grateful for just surviving that long. Without getting an awful disease. Or being in a terrible accident. We should thank God in our prayers for our precious life.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:59 PM

This is just a thought and something I've been thinking for a little while .

When we were young and we heard that someone had cancer it seemed a rare disease . My nan died of stomach cancer but it seemed maybe just a few got it .

Now I'd say 1 in 3 get some form of cancer. I dont think we can blame it all on the sun surely . There seem to be more brain tumours ( I've just lost a young 38 year old friend to brain tumour he had 1 year of sickness after they diagnosed and operated )

Why is there more cancer related illnesses ?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:07 PM

Perhaps life is more stressfull
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

02-09-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Those of us who reach 60 tend not to appreciate the fact we should be grateful for just surviving that long. Without getting an awful disease. Or being in a terrible accident. We should thank God in our prayers for our precious life.
You are so right. XXx
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
This is just a thought and something I've been thinking for a little while .

When we were young and we heard that someone had cancer it seemed a rare disease . My nan died of stomach cancer but it seemed maybe just a few got it .

Now I'd say 1 in 3 get some form of cancer. I dont think we can blame it all on the sun surely . There seem to be more brain tumours ( I've just lost a young 38 year old friend to brain tumour he had 1 year of sickness after they diagnosed and operated )

Why is there more cancer related illnesses ?
A good question Susan! They now say that one in every two people will be diagnosed with cancer, so the cause must be something we do in life.
Smoking & alcohol are strongly linked to cancer & I often wonder if, the methods to keep food fresh for longer, could also be to blame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top