Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:34 PM

Re: I'd like your thoughts please.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hi Mups

On the first I would report the GP. Mistakes like that can't go unrecorded. They could have had serious consequences for you and other patients of his.

On the roof business, maybe you could gently let your builder/friend know you can't delay the project and that you are going to get other quotes. It kinda sounds he is not altogether anxious to take on the job and may be relieved if it is awarded to another builder.

Just my thoughts.
Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I agree with both of these answers.

I agree with both too, it's what I would do.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 04:40 PM

Hi mups . I feel for you what an upset .

Re doc . Yes it must be reported. Difficult for you but it needs to be looked at

Re roofer - just a thought - do you have the next door web site for your neighbouhood if so look on there for recommended roofers . People who have used builders plumbers etc put on our local next door recommendations. It may help you find someone else . Friends can let you down and maybe you are more of a friend to him than he is to you

Let us know how you get on

Best wishes
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 06:00 PM

1) Re: your GP, I would go back and see him and tell him that its on your Medical records that you cannot have these tablets and for him to give your something else.

2) Roof: I would go to someone else.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:40 PM

1 - GP: This must be reported to hopefully ensure this doesn't happen again, after all if you don't report it, they don't know about it. I'm sure they would want to know if a serious mistake was made.
This once happened to my Sister god rest her soul, she had gone to the doctor, he had prescribed a medication, she went round to the pharmacy with the prescription and in ran a receptionist from the surgery next door to tell the pharmacist not to give the meds to my sister, due to another medication she was on it would have had a very bad reaction. Luckily that doctor recognised his error before it was too late.

2 - Roofer: I agree with Bes, he may not even want the job if he's faffing around. Tell him you have decided to go with another roofer as you need it doing quickly and also you think it best he doesn't do the job until his hand is better. He may be a friend but he shouldn't be messing you around. I understand your being very annoyed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hi Mups

On the first I would report the GP. Mistakes like that can't go unrecorded. They could have had serious consequences for you and other patients of his.

On the roof business, maybe you could gently let your builder/friend know you can't delay the project and that you are going to get other quotes. It kinda sounds he is not altogether anxious to take on the job and may be relieved if it is awarded to another builder.

Just my thoughts.
Good advice on both counts, Mups. The surgery definitely needs to know about the meds - it could have had serious consequences.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 08:43 PM

I can only agree with everyone else here!

Most definitely get that mistake sorted out, with the med, and yes, get someone else in to do the roofing job.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:28 PM

I would change your GP and look for another roofer in Yell.com. After you have changed your GP I would make a formal complaint about this doctor. If they don't let you re-register then you may have to de-register and then declare yourself a new patient at another practice.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:55 PM

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed.

I'll try not to waffle too much, but on advice from the pharmacy joined on to the GP's, I took the meds back and told them on reception that I was returning them as they should never have been given to me.

She said the doctor wouldn't have given them to me in that case!! I showed her the packet. She checked my records and saw I was telling the truth. She looked rather shocked. She then called someone else over.

After more discussion they said the doctor who had issued them was not in until the end of this week. I said in that case would they inform another doctor, because I had stopped taking them and needed to know whether I should an alternative.
In the end they told me they would speak to another doctor and someone from the surgery would ring me tomorrow.
I had an unmistakeable feeling the second woman was trying hard to play it down.
I wasn't rude, unpleasant, or aggressive in any way, but stuck to my guns that I wanted it noted and what was to be done about it.

The Pharmacist also put it on my records they hold, and said if ever it happened again, they would refuse to issue the prescription, which I thought was good of him.
I await the outcome when they phone.

Had the error been with a drug that made me seriously ill, or hospitalised, I would have taken a different route altogether. This particular drug just doesn't agree with me and I get horrendous vomitting and that is why I can't take it.

As for the roofer, I am still mulling over what everyone has said and will have to sleep on that one.
I did tentatively talk to the chap across the road this evening though, and he said he will pop over tomorrow and look at the job. So I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you once again everyone, you've been very kind.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:00 AM

Do hope you get satisfaction on both problems, Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Do hope you get satisfaction on both problems, Mups.

Thanks very much Tiff.

I thought I wouldn't be too heavy handed at this stage because I had complained (in writing) about this same doctor before, and they might just tell me to find another practice.

Being as the other doctors there are nice, and the other practices around here are not good, I might be going from the frying pan to the fire.

I'll give them a chance to put it right first.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top