Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 09:45 AM

Re: Dark Nights Drawing In.

Originally Posted by summer ->
Have to admit I prefer summer to winter...I'm glad we have season's though...I just wish winter was shorter especially just after Christmas it seems a long wait for spring.
Some of our summer days in England do seem to overheat compared with when I was a lad, but the winters do seem to be warmer than then. Looking at the plants I would say that spring is definitely getting earlier as the years pass.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 10:46 AM

I don't mind the dark nights it's the dark mornings I don't like, I get up early most mornings and go for a run but as we draw closer to winter I have to go later or run in the dark. It's already dark at six when I wake up, but by the time I go out at six forty five it's light, that will change over the next few weeks. I do get a bonus for a while when the clocks go back, but it doesn't last long.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:03 AM

"Our" hedgehog visitors are eating more cat food and piling weight on I'm pleased to say. It's very important for the young ones in order to survive winter. The squirrels have increased the raids on the bird food that we put out, there's a couple of young ones that are obviously born this year. Our garden becomes a bloody smorgasbord for wildlife as winter approaches.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top