Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:16 AM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday !

Good morning everyone a beautiful day here.

I am going to sort out the rockery, I bought some new plants yesterday to plant there then I want to cut some herbaceous plants back to make up a load for the tip tomorrow.

Lunch is all prepared and ready to cook , jacket potato with cheese, mushrooms, runner beans and a tomato salad. Then a baked apple, my neighbour brought a load over yesterday.
Enjoy your day .
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:28 AM

Good morning all beautiful day here. Got friends coming for lunch have made two chillis one mild for us ladies one a hot one for the men. Had a great day at friends birthday party, yesterday I was here there and every where. Hope you all have a good day.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Good morn kiddiwinks
yes i have been up for some time this morning, that makes a change. first off my son has gone for an interview for a job this morning , that is the second of four his is going to.

This afternoon we have an electrician coming to check the wiring for our new cooker. Although it is more or less the same as we already have the regs might have changes since this one was installed 14 years ago. The new one has induction top and ours had the electric hop type so there might be a slight difference in amps needed.

THe rangemaster cooker power supply needed is a bit confusing. it is all to do with the electrical cable from fuse box to cooker switch. If the cooker switch has a 13amp socket outlet then it requires a 10mm cable and a 45amp fuse. it the cable is 6 mm then we can get away with existing 32amp fuse but the cooker switch must not have a 13amp socket incorporated with it.

So this may have to be changed to just a cooker switch

Crazy isn't it. Not only that but the shops have a completely different fuse rating on their "in house" instructions

This will make a right mess of the surrounding tiles, another problem for me to overcome.

So my getting a qualified electrician he can certify the power supply (Cable/amps) is correct for the new cooker. He happens also to be qualified on our type of cooker which is a help
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:12 AM

Good morning everyone from Foxy's Palace.......
It seems very industrious on the forum today what with plastering, gardening, cooking, housework and Electrics.....And I wonder if Mags managed to find some 'Magic Beans' to go with Jack's magic compost? (Fi fo fum.....)

Just cleaned and put my running shoes away until Thursday after an outstanding five miler this morning. A bit nippy round the legs first thing but I was up to normal operating temperature by two miles, and didn't even overheat while going 'Eyeballs Out' on the last half mile....

Great film at the cinema 'Yesterday' .....No that was the name of the film which featured many Beatles songs.....I'm glad I got to see it before it drops out of sight never to be seen again.....Well, perhaps on the Sony Movie channel...

Off to the cinema again today to pay my penance....Mrs Fox came with me yesterday so I must accompany her today and watch 'Downton' I'll be looking for something tasty for lunch before I get my head down....

PS:- I bunged in a bit of sturdy cable and fitted a cooker point outlet myself Realspeed when they put me a new kitchen in with an induction hob....It keeps the wall warm in the winter when you start cooking and boil the kettle at the same time................Only joking Judd...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wonder if Mags managed to find some 'Magic Beans' to go with Jack's magic compost? (Fi fo fum.....)
Great film at the cinema 'Yesterday' .....No that was the name of the film which featured many Beatles songs.....I'm glad I got to see it before it drops out of sight never to be seen again.....Well, perhaps on the Sony Movie channel...
PS:- I bunged in a bit of sturdy cable and fitted a cooker point outlet myself Realspeed when they put me a new kitchen in with an induction hob....It keeps the wall warm in the winter when you start cooking and boil the kettle at the same time................Only joking Judd...
We do have some really funny jokers on here, don't we!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Makes a welcome change from doom, gloom, politics and brexit, Baz!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
We do have some really funny jokers on here, don't we!
I just try not to be run of the mill and brighten things up a bit Baz.....Start the day with a smile....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top