Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 05:17 PM

Re: Got any holidays planned?

No need for planning for us. We will be going to Turkey May and September as usual. God willing
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 11:29 AM

We've had two holidays this year which is a record!! Hubby is self employed and works really hard and we usually manage just one week away.

Now we are getting older I keep telling him that we don't know what's round the corner and he is getting tired and weary so he needs more rest.

Anyway it finally worked. We had a week in Tenerife at Easter which was great and then we had a week in Majorca at the beginning of October and that was wonderful too. Fab weather, good hotels and flights from our local airport.

Hoping to go somewhere warm again in the Spring.

For the first time ever we did All Inclusive in Majorca and it was great. We hardly spent any money .... I think we spent about 40 euros each the whole week and 20 of mine went on a beautiful tablecloth! We brought home so many euros. We were in an Adults only hotel and because I've had a painful knee for months I wasn't sure how far we would be able to walk so we decided to go AI in case we didn't not get far.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 11:58 AM

Still only my trip to Puglia(Italy) next September. It`s getting expensive as I`m treating myself to a flight upgrade and a hotel the day before. The flight is 07.40 and I`m sure not going to travel in the wee small hours from here to Gatwick.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2016, 12:42 PM

It's very difficult for me to go anywhere at the present time, but after all the misery the last few weeks, then getting some horrible virus, which totally wiped me out and simply wouldn't go away. I eventually had to give in and pay the doctor a visit. I was told it was mostly stress, no surprise there, I've had my fair share of that in the past weeks. The doctor said I needed a break, so I'm taking a little break, well two actually. Valencia for 3 days and 2 nights on December 5th, coach travel, bed and breakfast in a city centre hotel, cost 99 euros. Then December 12th another 3 day, 2 nights in Madrid, again city centre hotel, bed and breakfast, 134 euros. Sightseeing trips out included in both, if wanted. My friend will be coming with me and we are both really looking forward to it.

I think Mr Clumsy wants me out of the way, he's bought me a new suitcase for my birthday and I didn't even mention I wanted one !

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top