Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 03:49 PM

Re: First Impressions are Important...

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL! The manager of the bank that I mostly use doesn't have a Christian name for rather obvious reasons! Moreover although he's more than conversant in Polish, and German poor SOB struggles a bit with colloquial English - but I'm teaching him!
I bet you will, Sir

He must be good in the Finance Department.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 03:53 PM

I think first impressions are important a good impression allows you the opportunity to get to know people better. I do differ from most here though in that I don't really think its possible a gauge a persons true character solely from an online connection and I mean that both ways... a good or a bad impression. I tend to keep an open mind.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think first impressions are important a good impression allows you the opportunity to get to know people better. I do differ from most here though in that I don't really think its possible a gauge a persons true character solely from an online connection and I mean that both ways... a good or a bad impression. I tend to keep an open mind.
Agreed but, the face nappies we have to wear these days make things more difficult because you can't read the other person's face.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:03 PM

With first impressions and a gut feeling I can figure out a lot of people in a few minutes. You can't do it with everyone, of course, and some people need a few encounters to weigh them up, but at the opposite end of the scale sometimes the alarm bells ring within seconds.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I bet you will, Sir

He must be good in the Finance Department.

Let's put it this way. We are both able to think outside of the box!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 04:20 PM

Even here in OFF we are drawn to some people more than others, without seeing them.

Especially if you 'Read Between the Lines'!

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 05:32 PM

Did he not think it strange to be addressed as Mrs?
I knew someone would say this the minute I wrote it .....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Would you agree?
Applied to people and animals then no but applied to other things like holidays, important purchases then Yes.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

20-09-2020, 07:18 PM

Let's put it this way. We are both able to think outside of the box!
You must be a Lateral Thinker!

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

20-09-2020, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The manager of my bank is a plonker called Rosemary
Some youngIsh woman who is much good as a chocolate teapot.
The last old fashioned manager was charming he addressed me as Mrs ........ and I did him the same courtesy .
I don’t want to be on first names with people who are supposed to be looking after my money .
Apart from friends, I would not normally address anyone else by their Christain names, especially strangers. However I have got used to it now, as my Accountant, and Solicitor have also invited me to use their Christiam names as well.

Also I do find it odd when a complete stranger Emails me using my Christian name, or phones asking me how I am?
I reply 'The same as I was yesterday, and I do not take Cold Calls'.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top