Join for free
Page 335 of 505 « First < 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

So now we have the highest death rate in Europe.
Why? We were the last in Europe to take this seriously and were late in imposing lockdowns.
We have a bunch of scientists, advisers etc; who have no idea how to control this virus.
We are still allowing uncontrolled entry into this country with no checks at airports.
We have boats full of so called immigrants queuing up to be brought ashore by our coastal patrols instead of shipping the lot back to where they set off from.
Example. My daughter works for a company classes as 'essential' Her boss arrived back from a business trip to America on Sunday evening. He was back at work on Tuesday . No checks when he landed, just a leaflet giving advice.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes we have wandered a little Brucy, allthough there is still an
association with corona in the thread due to the effect of illegal
immigration on the spread of the virus
?
On the success of the antipodean fight against the virus this has
allready been acknowledged and dealt with earlier in this thread?
Is it necassary to keep banging on about it??
Indeed there is, and for that reason I shall continue to refer to illegal immigration on this thread as elsewhere as and when appropriate.

Whilst I applaud the Antipodeans' success in tackling the virus, some do like to boast about it don't they?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Why? We were the last in Europe to take this seriously and were late in imposing lockdowns.
We have a bunch of scientists, advisers etc; who have no idea how to control this virus.
We are still allowing uncontrolled entry into this country with no checks at airports.
We have boats full of so called immigrants queuing up to be brought ashore by our coastal patrols instead of shipping the lot back to where they set off from.
Example. My daughter works for a company classes as 'essential' Her boss arrived back from a business trip to America on Sunday evening. He was back at work on Tuesday . No checks when he landed, just a leaflet giving advice.
Yes, that explains our unhappy situation quite clearly. Mismanagement.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Absolutely Ben, I've just posted elsewhere on the forum about the number of infections in each county, and Kent seems to be the highest with over three thousand cases......Now there's a surprise! Essex is also high on the list.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why on earth are people still banging on about Brexit in this thread? Brexit has its own section of the forum, it has absolutely nothing to do with Covid19 nor do left or right politics unless you have an election coming up which you don't.

We are all stuck with the government we have and how they deal with this situation is what we get.

Left or right has absolutely nothing to do with success against this virus. Australia has a very conservative government, New Zealand has a very progressive Labour government yet both countries have controlled Covid19 equally successfully. This surely demonstrates the stupidity of your irritating squabbles.

If you want to talk about petty UK politics or Brexit go somewhere else.
Actually there is a link Bruce.
Brexit is the biggest thing that has happened to this country's politics since Oliver Cromwell. And technically we are still a member within the EU, still having to observe many of its rules and regulations. The EU seem to have neglected, not just us, but many other countries who until now have remained almost loyal.

Coronavirus has probably been made worse in the UK by the amount of illegal immigrants entering these shores unchecked from France, in the same way that cruise ships have been blamed for the rise in coronavirus in Australia. For every boat recovered by the royal navy, there are probably several that have not been spotted and this would account for the very high figures exhibited in Kent and Essex.

People in the UK are worried Bruce, and indirectly Covid 19 is connected to Europe, the EU and whichever political party is managing the situation at the present time.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed there is, and for that reason I shall continue to refer to illegal immigration on this thread as elsewhere as and when appropriate.

Whilst I applaud the Antipodeans' success in tackling the virus, some do like to boast about it don't they?
That whooosh you heard was the point going over your head.

It was nothing to do with the success just about the fact they were different ends of the political spectrum yet the results were similar.

But that is probably a bit difficult for you lot to understand with your polarised state.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Actually there is a link Bruce.
Brexit is the biggest thing that has happened to this country's politics since Oliver Cromwell. And technically we are still a member within the EU, still having to observe many of its rules and regulations. The EU seem to have neglected, not just us, but many other countries who until now have remained almost loyal.

Coronavirus has probably been made worse in the UK by the amount of illegal immigrants entering these shores unchecked from France, in the same way that cruise ships have been blamed for the rise in coronavirus in Australia. For every boat recovered by the royal navy, there are probably several that have not been spotted and this would account for the very high figures exhibited in Kent and Essex.

People in the UK are worried Bruce, and indirectly Covid 19 is connected to Europe, the EU and whichever political party is managing the situation at the present time.
Well spotted OGF, l completely missed that statististic about kent
and the possible reasons for it!
And while we are on the subject of illegal immigrants,( and with
Brucys permission of course ) l have found the border force web site
and registered a complaint with them about their conduct in
carrying out their duties in the english channel!
I dont suppose they will respond, but maybe if enough people do
the same then it might have an effect??
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as thy say!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well spotted OGF, l completely missed that statististic about kent
and the possible reasons for it!
And while we are on the subject of illegal immigrants,( and with
Brucys permission of course ) l have found the border force web site
and registered a complaint with them about their conduct in
carrying out their duties in the english channel!
I dont suppose they will respond, but maybe if enough people do
the same then it might have an effect??
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as thy say!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
I wouldn't look at statistics without exploring further DM. If you check the link below which now shows cases per 100k, you will see that Kent and Essex are not great outliers. The figures are distorted if you do not look at the underlying population of each local area. They are also distorted due to the availability of testing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ere-in-my-area
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-05-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I wouldn't look at statistics without exploring further DM. If you check the link below which now shows cases per 100k, you will see that Kent and Essex are not great outliers. The figures are distorted if you do not look at the underlying population of each local area. They are also distorted due to the availability of testing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ere-in-my-area
I'm afraid that the Grauniad is not a newspaper I trust and believe.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-05-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's quite true Annie, but I wouldn't consider Kent and Essex being two of the more heavily populated areas when you consider that some counties have many more large towns and cities but have far less infected residents. Despite what the stats may say per 100k.

Page 335 of 505 « First < 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top