Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:20 PM

Re: After we leave the EU (part 2)

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Must admit that I miss our being allowed to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest since we left. It's been interesting watching how our ex-partners like to gang up on other countries now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
On the one hand the end of Eurovision would be a great relief up there with the end of the euro footie tournament and other such delights, but on the other what is it to do with the EU?
I'd be happy to see the back of both of them.

Cricket, on the other hand, will continue just as before, being played only by civilised Commonwealth countries.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really don't understand why you voted Brexit Swim....
Hi

It was tongue in cheek Annie.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd be happy to see the back of both of them.

Cricket, on the other hand, will continue just as before, being played only by civilised Commonwealth countries.
agreed!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Whatever......

It's not like you interact anywhere else is it?
Just like to slag off Brexit only?

Anyway, I've said my bit....
So that is the criteria for being on this forum is it? you have to be make comment on other issues as well.

Didn't see that in the T&C's or like the arguments put forward by the leave campaign, you have just made it up.

It's not about liking or disliking anything it's about necessity in trying to be about some reality.
Also no need for the 'twisted icon' but then what can one expect?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
So that is the criteria for being on this forum is it? you have to be make comment on other issues as well.

Didn't see that in the T&C's or like the arguments put forward by the leave campaign, you have just made it up.

It's not about liking or disliking anything it's about necessity in trying to be about some reality.
Also no need for the 'twisted icon' but then what can one expect?
Hi

What you post about is up to you as you say.

You do come across as very definitive and aggressive in your comments on Brexit.

You are also very dismissive of the views of others,

You should not surprised if you are replied to in a forthright manner.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

The UK is poised to become the 31st State of the USA.
Oh good, I've always fancied living in California.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-10-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Oh good, I've always fancied living in California.
Thank you. I was wondering exactly which state was the 31st to be founded, but I couldn't be bothered to look it up!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What you post about is up to you as you say.

You do come across as very definitive and aggressive in your comments on Brexit.

You are also very dismissive of the views of others,

You should not surprised if you are replied to in a forthright manner.
Hi

Thanks for your comments.

Maybe my definiteness and perceived aggression comes from a failing of mine that I like things to be right.

I don't feel that I am dismissive of anything other than with comments that with the slightest amount of research would prove them wrong.

eg the EU commission make the laws, there are countries waiting to sign free trade deals with us, that 2 people define what happens in the EU etc etc etc.

And lastly, no I am not surprised they are forthright in their manner.
In the 1930's extremists systematically resorted to terror and violence. Now, in the early 21st century, they rely on disinformation, defamation, intimidation and demonisation.

And, dare I say it, like children in a play ground, name calling.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-10-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Hi

Thanks for your comments.

Maybe my definiteness and perceived aggression comes from a failing of mine that I like things to be right.

I don't feel that I am dismissive of anything other than with comments that with the slightest amount of research would prove them wrong.

eg the EU commission make the laws, there are countries waiting to sign free trade deals with us, that 2 people define what happens in the EU etc etc etc.

And lastly, no I am not surprised they are forthright in their manner.
In the 1930's extremists systematically resorted to terror and violence. Now, in the early 21st century, they rely on disinformation, defamation, intimidation and demonisation.

And, dare I say it, like children in a play ground, name calling.
Hi

Having sat through hours of boring meetings I have , I think, a good understanding of how things work in the EU and here in the UK.

The power of the top Civil Servants is not to be underestimated.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top