Join for free
Falcone
New Member!
South Yorks
Falcone is male 

21-06-2010, 10:29 AM

Insurance

I have just renewed my motorcycle insurance and am waiting to see the response. Waiting to see the response as I have tried something I did with my car insurance a few years ago.

As most of us realise if you stay with the same company for a year or two the renewal quotes start increasing and it's time to look elsewhere. A few years ago I decided it was time to change my car insurance company. Out of interest though I logged in to my existing company's on line quote system as a 'new' customer and received a much better quote so duly took it. I was expecting them to come back to me to say, 'Oi, you can't do that!' but they didn't and I saved myself a decent amount of money.

I've just done the same with my motorcycle insurance and saved £30, Waiting to see what their reaction is now.

Also recently went over to a combined contents and buildings insurance and halved my annual insurance bill.

Always worth looking around. Amazes me the number of my friends who are paying an absolute fortune and stick with the same company year after year.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Re: Insurance

I did the same thing last year - but this year when I tried it, it recognised me as an existing customer!

...So I changed to a new company

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top