Join for free
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2011, 10:49 AM

car insurance

I have just renewed my car insuarnce and whilst not wishing to plug any particular company, I found Aviva to be the cheapest on renewal, much cheapert than SAGA which surprised me.

meerkat/market/meerkat/market
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Re: car insurance

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
I have just renewed my car insuarnce and whilst not wishing to plug any particular company, I found Aviva to be the cheapest on renewal, much cheapert than SAGA which surprised me.
We've just renewed our car insurance and are with Saga, who now have a price promise guarantee. On a comparison site I had a quote £124 cheaper than my renewal figure from Saga, but I just phoned them and they knocked off the difference plus £1, so I renewed with them. It happens so often, not just with insurance but also with utilities etc. that a phone call to them invariably gets you a better price. We do it now as a matter of course before we renew any contract....
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

30-05-2011, 12:49 PM

It's a silly game that we all have to play nowadays.

The days have gone when automatic renewal was the norm, I now check online every time and invariably it comes up cheaper even with the company I am with.
A phone call then has to be made to fix a deal for the next term of cover.

What a waste, they should play that song by Ian Dury when we are put on hold to rack up the phone charges in their favour.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 12:51 AM

Not a lot of these 'bargin deal' companies will insure my vehicle unless they have a commercial section. Im with the NFU and have been for yonks and they are brilliant and a good price.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Yes I agree the days are gone when you stayed with the same company year after year and got a cheaper price because of no claims. I am now having to go online and find cheaper prices as their is no loyalty to existing customers anymore.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 08:58 PM

The trouble is of course a lot of companies have deals and special offers for new customers and do little to retain the "customers they already have"

And I have to admit whilst I do check on some things it does sometimes seem I dither before accepting in case a better offer comes along..............once I have accepted I do not look at the comparisons until I need to renew again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top