Join for free
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 05:49 AM

Speed Adjusted Robert Johnson

Seems more natural.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 05:54 AM

Re: Speed Adjusted Robert Johnson

I also prefer the second one.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Both recordings are speed adjusted, I wasn't commenting on the second video by itself.
Hit the youtube icon and you will go to the page and you can select from a bunch of his songs.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA

01-11-2014, 06:28 AM

Reminds me of Jimmy Rogers, who of course took this style from Delta Blues players. These are later than the recordings I have of his, J.R.s.
I have a CD set of Robert Johnson's that are a bit faster than these. These are an improvement, the adjusted versions on YouTube.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Modern technology - whatever next? I can't believe how clean the sound is. I'm not sure that I don't prefer the dirty, scratchy, faster originals though! - especially Hot Tamales which has an amazing energy in the original.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA

01-11-2014, 07:37 PM

Yeah, it's an entertaining tune, it jumps. I like the part about laying in the kitchen with her legs in the hall. The slower is easier to follow the lyric.
I haven't reviewed the CD set.
I think these versions sound good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top