Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 11:12 AM

Re: UK's first prime ministerial TV debate

I was mainly interested in the way they conducted themselves, . . . not in what they had to say, . . I've heard it all before, . . . there was a woman psychologist on News24 this morning and she was analysing their little hand and body movements, . . I've never heard so much guff in my life, . . where do these people come from ? . . . .
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I rather liked this.
I quote
"Cameron said: "I was in Plymouth recently and, er, a 40-year-old black man actually made the point to me. He said: 'I came here when I was six, I've served in the Navy for 30 years, I'm incredibly proud of my country, but I'm so ashamed that we've had this out-of-control system with people abusing it so badly."

Funny old thing arithmetic sometimes the numbers just won't add up.
Ha ha, . . . it's a well known fact you don't have to be clever to be an MP, . . . all you need is the gift of the gob.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Ha ha, . . . it's a well known fact you don't have to be clever to be an MP, . . . all you need is the gift of the gob.
I do not want to appear to be defending Cameron, I think all MP's lie,(all the MP's I know do) so when we talk about a persons age and you say ( Not knowing their true age ) he/she is a 40year old, could they be 42,43,44??? if so then joining the navy is allowed at the age of 12.
Just a small point of doubt maybe!!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 03:38 PM

I didn`t watch it but as a life long Liberal it`s good to hear Clegg came out well.

The biggest problem for the Lib Dems is that they will always be `also rans` while folks who might vote for them vote for others in order to keep another party out
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 03:49 PM

Last night was the first night I have ever had any interest in politics and I cant believe I sat and watched all of it and found it very interesting (apart from the education bit which doesnt affect me). I though Nick Clegg came across as the most honest and earnest and he'll be getting my vote because all my life its gone from labour to tory and back again and all they do is line their own pockets and those of their rich cronies. Time for a real change, dont think they could do much worse.
nero
Central Scotland

16-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I didn`t watch it but as a life long Liberal it`s good to hear Clegg came out well.

The biggest problem for the Lib Dems is that they will always be `also rans` while folks who might vote for them vote for others in order to keep another party out
That could be the problem in this election OG, . . strategic voting can be a double edged sword, . . . if Lib supporters gave them the vote it could maybe let the Tories in, . . I shall vote SNP, . . I wish to hell all Scots would do the same, but there are thousands up here who automatically vote Labour coz it's the traditional working mans party, . . if they put a red rosette on a donkey they'd vote for it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
Last night was the first night I have ever had any interest in politics and I cant believe I sat and watched all of it and found it very interesting (apart from the education bit which doesnt affect me). I though Nick Clegg came across as the most honest and earnest and he'll be getting my vote because all my life its gone from labour to tory and back again and all they do is line their own pockets and those of their rich cronies. Time for a real change, dont think they could do much worse.
I think sooooo many of us feel the same was as Doglover! ^^

The other's just didn't cut it, Nick Clegg is the only one that came across as a good guy that can get the job done imo. And while the lib-dems were always seen as 'also rans' I think this year is going to be very different, so many more people are going to vote for them based on what I've seen...

That could be the problem in this election OG, . . strategic voting can be a double edged sword, . . . if Lib supporters gave them the vote it could maybe let the Tories in, . . I shall vote SNP, . . I wish to hell all Scots would do the same, but there are thousands up here who automatically vote Labour coz it's the traditional working mans party, . . if they put a red rosette on a donkey they'd vote for it.
I think too many of us did that in the past - but this year Lib dems are getting my vote, and I think a lot of other people are going to do the same... we had have a huge surprise win like they did in America!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 04:11 PM

if they put a red rosette on a donkey they'd vote for it.

Why does Mr Scargill come to mind?? I make no comment about that strike and I was in Yorkshire trying to manage a team with miner`s wives and a copper`s wife in the same team-and me a Southerner.

But if ever there were brave men led by a mule it was Scargill
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 04:29 PM

That is the problem where I live, labour supporters follow blindly like sheep, they do not have one ounce of self belief.
If Brown,(I wish he would) acted like a Lemming and Jumped of a cliff the supporters would follow.
Stella
New Member!
Bristol
Stella is female 

16-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Nick Clegg will get my vote for abolishing the £250 payment for each child born, in reality £250 every 3 minutes, and then when they reach the age of
7 another £250, how on earth can this be continued, no wonder we are deeply in debt, I believe if people choose to have children, then look after them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top