Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Paxman and Mr Brown

Watched this with interest tonight . . . Paxman thought Gordon would be a pushover . . . he was very much mistaken, he constantly badgered Gordon on the "bigot" affair but Mr Brown was having none of it . . . . he then tried to blame our financial collapse on him too but Mr Brown put him straight on that subject too . . . " it's all on record, from 1998 I tried to persuade international leaders to impose banking controls but not one of them would listen " he said . . . Paxman argued that he (Mr Brown) was the chancellor before the banking crisis and he should have taken measures to control them . . . the reply was that any controls of the banking system must be done internationally . . . the interview then went on into the financial recovery of our country . . . I for one am voting SNP but if I was English, Labour would get my vote . . . he's the man to trust when it comes to money IMO . . . if Cameron gets a majority look out for a recession the likes of which we aint seen since 1930.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 07:45 AM

Re: Paxman and Mr Brown

Nero the reason why he did not want to talk about Bigotgate is that he would have been seen as a liar.

He said he mis-understood Mrs Duffy and thought that she wanted immigrant students expelled. Total lies.
Never once did Mrs Duffy say anything about expelling anyone.
Listen to the conversation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8655429.stm

Brown has lied about every subject under the sun since he has been in Parliament as Chancellor and as PM.
He was even caught out with lies at the Iraq inquirey.

If you believe what he tells you on the paxman debate then why do you not believe what Clegg and Cameron said when they faced Paxman?
They cant all be right because the differ so much.

I know that we all make up our own minds and believe what we want to, that is our right, but do we believe MP's about keeping within the rules of their expense claims?
Having followed Brown for several years and heard his lies he is the last person on earth that I would trust.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 10:28 AM

When asked about the Iraq war he said he had no regrets and admitted he would do the same tomorrow if Saddam was still in power . . . so no lies there AB . . . I didn't watch the other two con men previously with Paxman coz that's what they are IMO.

It's came to light this morning that Cameron was not up front with the inheritance tax in the debate on TV . . . . multi millionaires will get away with avoiding 1.2 billion . . these are the ones with over 2 million in assets . . . (this was from the money program on BBC today) . . . as I said, a con man, or was it a slip of the tongue ?

Listen very carefully how Mrs Duffy spoke last week to the PM . . . . it's not exactly what she says as how she says it . . . . if I lived south of the border Labour would get my vote that's for sure . . . . Gordon is the best bet for getting us out of this financial mess IMO.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 12:48 PM

Nero we are going to have to agree to disgree on this.

How can nu-Labour get us out of the mess that they created?
Oh! please do not say it was global, our country was nearly bankupt before the banks went belly up.

Brown did say he would go to war again, which is what nearly the whole of the country disagreed with in in the first place.

Where did it come to light about Cameron and the inheritance tax?
All I heard was Cameron say that inheritance tax would be raised.

The Body language and actual conversations between Mrs Duffy and Brown were definately about communication. She was trying to communicate with Brown and all he could do was quote the party line, hence his so called mis-understanding!!

I am not sure who I will vote for however I do know who I wont vote for. lol
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Mrs Duffy was articulate and intelligent and at no time made any remarks which could be construed as biggotted. I am the mother of mixed raced children and have lived in places full of bigots and I recognize them instantly. This lady was patriotically speaking up for her own country and to hear a man who wants to be a Prime Minister refer to this salt of the earth lady who'se views are held by many was just unbelievable.

I stuck up for Brown on many occassions and thought that he was misunderstood and disliked just because he hadn't the popular look or the right body language. Now I will be voting UKIP I think although they will never get in but I don't like Clegg much and I can't stand Cameron and Brown has just gone one step too far the things he said while unaware that the microphone was still on was appalling and I have dumped him.
nero
Central Scotland

01-05-2010, 11:35 PM

For the doubters . . . here's Mr Browns history on how good a chancellor he was prior to the international banking collapse 2 years ago . . . he became chancellor in 1997 and the economy was in a mess that the Tories left us . . . . . even Cameron said last week the best thing the UK did was to vote the Tories out at that time.

Have a browse through all the currencies over the years from 1997 'till 2008 and tell me again Brown's an idiot.

http://www.gocurrency.com/v2/histori...=1&frYear=2007
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
For the doubters . . . here's Mr Browns history on how good a chancellor he was prior to the international banking collapse 2 years ago . . . he became chancellor in 1997 and the economy was in a mess that the Tories left us . . . . . even Cameron said last week the best thing the UK did was to vote the Tories out at that time.

Have a browse through all the currencies over the years from 1997 'till 2008 and tell me again Brown's an idiot.

http://www.gocurrency.com/v2/histori...=1&frYear=2007

Nice bit of spin Nero

Have a browse at the Currency in 1990 and 2010
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

02-05-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->

No-one, well me, is not saying that Brown was a reasonable chancellor but I found Brown, like his mate Jack Straw who I know personally, to be dishonest and two faced, as shown by Bigotgate.

Gordon Brown started the election campaign by claiming he will 'fight for Britain '. Isn't this the same Gordon Brown who prevented us having a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty which handed over control of Britain to our friends in Brussels? Gordon Brown who was apparently so embarrassed at his Lisbon Treaty sell-out that he avoided having his photo taken with the other EU leaders at the signing ceremony?

Brown's commitment that his prudent economic management would put an end to what he called 'Tory boom and bust'. This was repeated time and time again in the House of Commons and innumerable times in media interviews. For fairly obvious reasons, our PM doesn't mention this any more.

Brown's repeated pledge that he would provide British troops with the proper equipment. In one parliamentary questions time, our prime minister tried to weasel-word his way out of trouble by insisting that the deaths of several soldiers on foot patrol the previous weekend had nothing to do with a lack of helicopters. Given that they were on foot patrol, it was fairly obvious their deaths could not be blamed on insufficient helicopters. However in making this statement, Brown seemed to forget that the deaths of over a hundred British soldiers killed by roadside bombs could have been avoided had more helicopters been available.

His commitment to 'British jobs for British workers'. This was a promise he never had any way of fulfilling. Firstly because anyone from the other twenty six EU countries could come and go at will. And his government's deliberate policy of swamping us with almost uncontrolled immigration has led to British workers finding their jobs being taken by new arrivals willing to work for less money.

Brown recently told us, 'The first thing we've got to do is to clean up politics once and for all'. Since then, he's been doing all he can to protect his own thieving ministers and to avoid any reforms of MPs' expenses. They weren't even mentioned in the latest Queen's Speech. He has also allowed his labour MP's to get legal aid to fight their court cases.

As a condition for putting taxpayers' money into banks, we must also take action to end the old short-term bonus culture'. Given that our bankers are currently awarding themselves a bonus tsunami paid for with our money, it seems this promise too was just sound with no substance.

For the first two years of his chancellorship, Brown kept to his manifesto pledge to hold spending at the level proposed by the previous (Tory) government and was able to repay some of our national debt as tax revenues exceeded public spending. But from 2000 onwards he really let rip, doubling public spending and dishing out more every year than the government collected in tax. So, each year our debt levels shot up leaving us hopelessly exposed when the recession hit and tax revenues collapsed.

Brown pledged to give Britain of full employment within our generation'. Over 2.7 million people are out of work and another 2.5 million are on disability benefits - the highest rate of supposedly disabled people in the western world.

His commitment to provide training or a job for every young person which has curiously resulted in Britain having the highest level of NEETS (young people not in education, employment or training) in our history.

His promise to reduce bureaucracy in the NHS so that more money could go to frontline services. This has given us a doubling in the number of managers from 20,000 to 40,000 so we now have more managers than medical consultants (39,000). Moreover, we have lost so many hospital beds that when New Labour were first elected we had over 12 beds per manager - this has now fallen to just over 4 beds per manager.

Then his commitment to reduce paperwork to get more police out on the beat. Yet the government's own measures show that the police now spend more time on paperwork and less time preventing crime than ever before.

Browns private thoughts, 'you should never underestimate the stupidity of the British voter' they will believe anything.
mickypoppins
Colchester, uk
mickypoppins is female  mickypoppins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 11:40 AM

great post ab.
nero
Central Scotland

02-05-2010, 12:30 PM

If the Tories get a majority god help you lot in England . . . at least up here we have a partial buffer with the SNP . . . we have the best educational system in the UK with the EIS . . . our pensioners are better looked after too . . . . if the shit hits the fan as I think it might do all I shall have to say is . . . " don't blame me . . . I voted SNP ".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top