Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 10:08 AM

It's official

Yes, we have a hung parliament.
Is'nt that what we have always wanted, parliamentarians hung?

It is disgusting when some people can not get a vote due to the ballot boxes closing. Yet this is what the law states.

We send people to other counrty's to see fairness in the voting system and yet we can not give fair voting here.
Or do we?
Is 15 hours not enough time to register your vote?
Should the electorial commision have made sure that there were enough people on duty to get everyone through.
Why oh! why should there not be enough ballot papers for people to use. We have an electorial register so we know how many papers should be available.

Opinions!!!!!!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 11:27 AM

Re: It's official

Nick should form a coalition with Labour - Labour are more progressive than the cons. Labour and libdem votes combined = more than 50% of the votes!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Scotland sent a clear message to Cameron last night . . . . . " we do not want Tories up here " . . . . . I was disappointed . . . they actually got one MP . . . . Labour did very well up here last night . . the Libs died and the SNP didn't do well either . . . Cameron is waffling again saying he should be PM . . it's up to Gordon to decide if he'll resign, he's the sitting PM appointed by HRH . . . there'll be another general election this year no doubt unless Nicky boy and Gordon can do a deal . . . that'll chuff Cameron eh.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 11:59 AM

The most important thing we need is proportional representation - I think people would vote very differently if we had that, tactical voting wouldn't be needed any longer...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
The most important thing we need is proportional representation - I think people would vote very differently if we had that, tactical voting wouldn't be needed any longer...
What puts some people off their local candidates is the party dogma . . . if all candidates had freedom to adopt their own ideas and not be forced to stick to their parties manifestos the political map could be entirely different.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 07:33 PM

In Sheffield they made up two lines one for residents and one for students from the local Uni. The residents were allowed in to vote consequently the students didn't manage to get in a cast their vote. I wonder what this told these people probably voting for the first time.

Everyone seemed to like Nick Clegg but they didn't like what he was offering. I wonder if we were offered a referendum on whether we should stay in Europe or not by someone that party would clean up?
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 08:08 AM

I'm just wondering who will be the submissive party if the LibDems get in bed with the Conservatives. They always appeared ideologically opposed to each other before now. I hope Nick does not lose his backbone now!

They will need a new name - what about LibCon ?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 08:59 AM

My ex-boss got in as Labour MP, he replaced Adam Ingram (Adam retired) and I was delighted to see him get in. Michael was a terrific councillor and did work well for all the constituents in his constituency (I know, I did all his work for him when he became councillor). He should do well.

Glad to see my own MP still got in - Douglas Alexander. He is excellent.

Aye, Denis, we Scots don't want the Tories up here!!

I was sorry though that the Lib Dems didn't get more votes. They worked hard.
nero
Central Scotland

08-05-2010, 11:03 AM

In a debate on TV last night, an English woman asked why Scots are so against the Tories . . . . unlike her we have long memories . . . the witch Thatcher used Scotland like a laboratory animal . . she experimented with the poll tax up here first before introducing it down south . . . then she sold off all our industries under the name of "free enterprise" . . . as was said last night, Scots will never forgive the Tories.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 11:42 AM

I think you might be right to say we have short memories. Hazel Blears who had fleeced us on her housing 'benefits' by a huge amount manged to be re-elected. However, if you look back in history we should not be putting either Labour or Conservative or LibDems in power ever again they have all brough devastation at one time or another. I truly believe it is about time we had something new. Governments make it look like a black art to run this country. Surely it can't be that hard.

The problem seems to be if you say that immigration needs to stop then you become a bigot or worse a racist. If you complain about the huge amount of money going into Europe when it should be going into our farmers pockets we are called old fashioned. I love England and have tried three times to live somewhere else but always return. The politicians are destroying my country and I am very angry.

I keep looking over at Greece and wonder if this could happen to us even the Irish are having it hard. We need common sense at those three clowns even if they work together are not going to make a Prime Minister who can run this country like you and I run our homes without getting into debt or starving our children.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top