Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 11:02 AM

A middle party ?

I hate the upper class prejudices of the Tories . . . I hate the working class prejudices of Labour . . . I hate the confusion of the Libs . . . . we need a middle ground party . . . a party that could have the best of both worlds . . . . a party where candidates up for election would not be dictated to by unelected committee members like the fat lords in the Tory party or the militant union members in Labour.

Talks are going on between the Tories and the Libs to form a coalition . . . if it comes about they'll still argue about each others individual party policies . . . each blocking the other if they don't agree with a particular proposal . . . . we need accord in government not discord . . . proportional representation works in other countries why not ours ? . . . . the two main parties don't want it . . . any person wishing to step on the political ladder for election has no option but to choose sides . . . if they comply with whatever party policy, they get funding support from that party to stand for election . . this is all wrong IMO . . . with the likes of Ashcroft funding the Tories and Unison funding Labour and those respective parties tugging their forelocks at the prospect of money we have no chance of a decent government in our country . . . . we need independent politicians.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 07:53 AM

Re: A middle party ?

Here Here, never a truer word spoken.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 10:52 AM

Re: A middle party ?

Good one, Denis! As AB has rightly said, never a truer word spoken!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top