Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:30 PM

Re: A useful MoT reminder service

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Providing both the road tax and MoT coincide or an 'Oops' could cost a fine of up to £1,000!
(I didn't realise the level of the fine until now.)
But why wouldn't they always coincide? Tax is for one year, as is the MoT. Even if I got only 6 months' tax at a time (I don't because mine is zero rated so why would I!), the second 6 months would still always coincide with the MoT.

Not the same for everyone of course, but I guess I'm just lucky it works out that way for me
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 06:25 PM

My mot and tax have coincided for 16+ years. First off with the Micra, and then last year when it failed the mot and I bought the Juke, it again was all done at the same time. I always have February in my mind and besides, keep a note on my paper calendar and my cash/spend diary. I also have an app on my iPad that holds all information relating to the car. Or would if I entered all the data.

ETA. Vehicle Smart
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:11 PM

Anyone who bought a second-hand car where the previous owner had claimed the Vehicle Excise outstanding but the MoT date still in force would find the two longer coincide. If overlooked that is where the £1,000 fine could be imposed, the government reminder service is free and in the above case could prove very useful.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 10:29 PM

Too late to edit but I cannot have errors in a post, that will never do!

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Anyone who bought a second-hand car where the previous owner had claimed the Vehicle Excise outstanding but the MoT date still in force would find the two no longer coincide. If overlooked that is where the £1,000 fine could be imposed, the government reminder service is free and in the above case could prove very useful.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top