Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:08 PM

In these days of miracle and wonder...

Anybody watch -'Bloodshed on wolf mountain'
Its about paranoia and conspiracy and the publics growing anger at failed politics and belief systems with tec giants moving into the widening void and purposelessness left in peeps lives.

I found it alarming and quickly rushed here for comfort. Tuck me up (I mean tuck me in) someone. x
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:11 PM

Re: In these days of miracle and wonder...

Don't cry baby, don't cry.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Anybody watch -'Bloodshed on wolf mountain'
Its about paranoia and conspiracy and the publics growing anger at failed politics and belief systems with tec giants moving into the widening void and purposelessness left in peeps lives.

I found it alarming and quickly rushed here for comfort. Tuck me up (I mean tuck me in) someone. x
Stop crying or your punishment will be to watch Brokeback Mountain
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:22 PM

the link didn't open. Is this "can't get you out of my head" streaming on Iplayer? Because when I googled it I get a 1936 Chinese film called blood on wolf mountain.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
the link didn't open. Is this "can't get you out of my head" streaming on Iplayer? Because when I googled it I get a 1936 Chinese film called blood on wolf mountain.
Yes Streaming -6 episodes I think

BBC iPlayer - Cant Get You Out of My Head - Series 1: 1. Part One - Bloodshed on Wolf Mountain

Its a tad wacky until it gets into its stride
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:35 PM

The way the camera follows us in Slo-mo.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:34 PM

We've been chewing on this topic for some time around here.

What is happening as the enamored public, cynical of elected leaders, giddily hands corporate leaders almost limitless power?

- Elon Musk makes a statement that results in cropo-currency up 15% driving other stocks up and down.

- Bill Gates decides who gets philanthropic vaccine money, deciding which health conditions get attention, affecting populations and economies one way or the other.

- Twitter's Jack Dorsey unilaterally decides globally who has a voice and who doesn't.

Are we so enamored with technology giants that we are yielding democratic power to ultra-rich oligarchs? Can we stop it? Are we giving democracy away in piecemeal fashion? Is consumerism the new voting booth?

It's scary.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Yes Streaming -6 episodes I think

BBC iPlayer - Cant Get You Out of My Head - Series 1: 1. Part One - Bloodshed on Wolf Mountain

Its a tad wacky until it gets into its stride
A 1936 Chinese film? Mmmmn, that sounds riveting!
xirrpy
Devon-all of it

14-02-2021, 06:02 PM

SurferMum

I dont think anybody knows what to do other than taking care of their immediate concerns and welfare.
We are sheep and probably deserve the same treatment we dish out to other life forms on this planet.

Every system seems to have its faults. Some seem better than others but the moment thye cross a threshold they become tyrannies – a coercive hierarchy that wants to impose its will for the convenience of a few, usually to sustain power.

Logic suggests that for happiness, cohesion and single minded purpose, choice and randomness will have to be curtailed. Theres your 'Slavery is Freedom 'ho ho. In other words, society driving toward a concept of a single organism -thats if we are to save the planet and its dwindling resources. Competition is ruinous

That is what I think we will eventually arrive at in a future generation after a cataclysmic blood shed probably.
Who is to say if its right or wrong in that scenario.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it

14-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A 1936 Chinese film? Mmmmn, that sounds riveting!
Its fekkin rubbish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top