Join for free
Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:39 PM

Re: Harry, Meghan and the press.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That woman knew exactly what she was up to and planned for how she would exploit it to HER advantage.

She had no intention of becoming a member of the "firm" but intended to use the boost in status in the American celebrity circus.
Can only agree with that Todger, apparently even as a child she said that she would marry a prince so a lifetime ambition fulfilled methinks.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Harry is just a prat, not something even remotely unusual in the whole rotten family, and has fallen for her skulduggery.
I feel sorry for him....I think he mistakes her "skulduggery" for strength of character, and with him losing his mum so young, maybe he feels comforted by a "strong" woman.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think there is a difference between 'wanting a private life' and giving pre arranged interviews.

The first has the media following you and trying to capture your most private moments without permission, the second is
agreed to and a lack of privacy assumed at those moments.

I would hate to be under permeant scrutiny

What the Sussex's choose to do is up to them and no concern of mine . I wish them well. and I am glad I no longer have to hear about them on a daily basis .
I think that is true and personally, I hate the press, they are life destroying Vultures who would expose their own Grandmothers; But, as said above, she knew exactly what she was getting into. Marrying into the Royal family means lots of publicity, good and bad. Also, as a 'celebrity' (albeit a virtually unknown one) she would thrive on publicity or she wouldn't be a 'celeb'.

I also agree that not hearing about them on a daily basis is a huge bonus.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I agree with you, Susan. He knew who she was and is, and will continue to be...Meghan. He loves her. She is a strong woman, I admire her for that.
As for the rest, all celebrities irritate us after awhile when we view them constantly in the news.....
Strong woman my eye. She's a cunning duplicitous mendacious monster. Not strong, just plain nasty. Harry is a fool
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Why do we never see Archie?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Why do we never see Archie?
Because he would detract attention from her. Other theories exist, many possibly correct.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:48 PM

I had a quick google there to see if there were any recent pics - and no, you are right Arty...I don't even know how old he is now. Plus....its weird to see how he is always being held by Meghan. Harry is always standing by like a friend, not a father. (just from the pics I have seen)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Because he would detract attention from her. Other theories exist, many possibly correct.

Good point.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I wish them, all the luck in the world, with baby number 2 on the way...a young couple ,with a happy future ahead of them.
They are not that young I wonder why everyone talks about them as if they are two twenty year olds .
They don’t need luck they have lucked out already they are immensely rich and in good health .
Juggling jobs childcare and mortgages will forever be unknown territory to them and life will be smoothed for them forever .
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
..snipz
Take Mrs Simpson who had to entertain a boring little man for decades who must lost much of his appeal when he gave up the Crown.
Oucherooony !!!

Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top