Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:14 PM

Re: Ear.

I feel that most times, less is more. A pair of gold hoop earrings most days is enough for me, with a tiny gold or diamond stud on top for evenings is all I do. The big, dangling swingers annoys me hitting my neck when I turn or move, rather feel a gent's whisper to me near my ear any time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The whole ear is covered in jewellery...would you wear it?

Sorry ladies...just edited my post.
This is something you do if you don't have a real life where you are too busy doing real things to spend an hour putting in and taking out piercings.

As a teen I had my ears pierced a second time. But that was just a phase and the second holes have disappeared a long time ago. I've rarely bothered with earrings since lockdown (special occasions such as Christmas only) but usually I wear small crystal-encrusted studs from Pandora, stars or hearts are my fave. Heavy dangling earrings are just super impractical and give me sore ears. I don't think anyone really notices earrings on video calls. It's different in real life and when you have a nice hair cut and manicure to go with them.

I honestly don't understand what some people do to their ears. Particularly those hole expander things that leave your ears looking like a piece of pastry hanging from your neck. Also why anyone wants to pierce cartilage is beyond me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I feel that most times, less is more. A pair of gold hoop earrings most days is enough for me, with a tiny gold or diamond stud on top for evenings is all I do. The big, dangling swingers annoys me hitting my neck when I turn or move, rather feel a gent's whisper to me near my ear any time.
Totally agree..Right Now.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is something you do if you don't have a real life where you are too busy doing real things to spend an hour putting in and taking out piercings.

As a teen I had my ears pierced a second time. But that was just a phase and the second holes have disappeared a long time ago. I've rarely bothered with earrings since lockdown (special occasions such as Christmas only) but usually I wear small crystal-encrusted studs from Pandora, stars or hearts are my fave. Heavy dangling earrings are just super impractical and give me sore ears. I don't think anyone really notices earrings on video calls. It's different in real life and when you have a nice hair cut and manicure to go with them.

I honestly don't understand what some people do to their ears. Particularly those hole expander things that leave your ears looking like a piece of pastry hanging from your neck. Also why anyone wants to pierce cartilage is beyond me.

I honestly don’t get them,Annie...what’s the phycology behind it..do you know?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-02-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Nose piecing surely must be very unhealthy .

Very difficult to pick ones nose,I would guess,
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I honestly don’t get them,Annie...what’s the phycology behind it..do you know?
It's part of development of a social identity. Goes a bit haywire with some people who do not know when to stop trying to be "unique"
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-02-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's part of development of a social identity. Goes a bit haywire with some people who do not know when to stop trying to be "unique"
That makes good sense,Annie....

Thanks, appreciate your explanation.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 07:42 PM

like to pull my bob cap over my ears, don't do dingley danglies
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 12:38 AM

If I was young again I'd probably have a small ear stud. I used to have a small gold earring when I was a grommet.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
If I was young again I'd probably have a small ear stud. I used to have a small gold earring when I was a grommet.
The only lads who wore ear ornaments round my neck of the woods were viewed as pirates (if they looked "hard"), or nancy boys.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top