Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Do You Pass Down Good Advice?

If your younger releatives are smokers, over-weight eaters, don't do exercise much, take risks, do you give them the benefit of your advice & experience?

Do you refuse them entry to your abode because of these habits?

Do you tell them how you gave up? (if you did it)

Or do you just let them get on with it?

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:37 PM

Re: Do You Pass Down Good Advice?

I let them get on with it. I just feel it’s not any of my business and I don’t want to upset anyone
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:40 PM

My son thanks me for my advice...

He knows it’s done out of Love....not with an iron fist though.

He’s not allowed to smoke in my house.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 09:52 PM

... just let them get on with it.

You're only young once.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If your younger releatives are smokers, over-weight eaters, don't do exercise much, take risks, do you give them the benefit of your advice & experience?
Since you've pretty much described me, they tend to use me as a prime example of what not to do.

Not quite what you mean, but it works!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:09 PM

Smoking? ONLY in the orangery/conservatory thing and preferably not tobacco and certainly not these vape things.

It's where I am condemned to if I fancy an increasingly rare cigar. That, or the Summerhouse if it's nice weather.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:11 PM

I might suggest.....if they seemed to want help, but I wouldn't preach to them. Its not my place to tell others how to live, really. But if they outright asked, yes I would.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:15 PM

I wouldn't dream of giving my daughter advice. She knows more than I do..... Or at least, she thinks she does.....

Just a chip off the old block I suppose....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:54 PM

The only person to whom I might be qualified to give advice are my children, but I no longer do that unless asked. What's nice is to be at that place where I can now turn to them for a little input now and again. Nice to get some return on the investment!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 03:38 AM

Well I don't know anybody in my family - young or old - who smokes. None of our friends do. Not sure about the UK but smokers are almost like the dodo here. An almost extinct species. When I was last in the UK in 2012 I don't remember seeing many smokers. In any event, if anybody who smoked did come to my house I'm afraid they would have to refrain for the duration of their visit. No we don't like people smoking in the back yard either. But here and the UK and the US there are lots of people who are carrying far too much weight. But that's their problem. I have some overweight friends that are still welcome in my house.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top