Join for free
Page 50 of 53 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:15 PM

Re: Prince Phillip

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I didn't see it, but why were they able to get so close for goodness sake? Where was the security? That's disgusting behaviour.
Telephoto lenses?
There were no actual pictures taken of Prince Phillip just of the ambulance.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They have a crust to earn like anyone else .
So does everybody else! I am sure that all who have been fined for doing what they shouldn't, regarding Covid, think they had a justified reason..... but all they are doing is risking further people being infected with this virus!

If we are going to win the battle with this virus then rules should apply to all, apart from those who are authorized & already risking their health trying to save the infected or preventing people breaking the rules!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 07:36 PM

Worse.. are the two wannabes who ran off to America and intend having their ‘poor old me’ rantings shown on television all over the world. Meanwhile, their grandfather is seriously ill in a hospital.

How unfeeling, despicable and selfish of them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 07:39 PM

I think so too Art.
They of all people should have some respect for their grandfather and have the decency to let it go at this time .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Worse.. are the two wannabes who ran off to America and intend having their ‘poor old me’ rantings shown on television all over the world. Meanwhile, their grandfather is seriously ill in a hospital.

How unfeeling, despicable and selfish of them.
I agree that their timing is really off on this - but, to be fair (as much as I struggle to be fair with the runaways), Harry is self isolating and has booked a plane so he can return immediately if there is any reason to.....and having read that back now, I see what bunkum I wrote. However...if Harry were to return now, the press would take that as....well I can see the headlines now
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 08:35 PM

This talk of photographers..the only reason they do it is because there is a sufficient number of people in the general public who show enough interest for it to be worthwhile reporting.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Telephoto lenses?
There were no actual pictures taken of Prince Phillip just of the ambulance.
Saw staff trying to hide proceedings by surrounding him with opened umbrellas.

Would have been mightily funny if the DofE had been moved out via a different exit unknown to the press, and if those holding umbrellas had suddenly had sooty and sweep appear over the top of one umbrella giving the photographers the v sign.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:02 PM

My goodness Dex, that's an imaginative scenario right there!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
What does any thread achieve?
Perhaps it allows folk to voice their opinions about Phillip,not a bad thing IMO.I don"t believe he was a saint ,specially not in the early years ,perhaps he mellowed in later years ,who knows !
Still has had a good innings TBh ,and it will be a sad thing for his family ,however we all have to go in the end
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

02-03-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Perhaps it allows folk to voice their opinions about Phillip,not a bad thing IMO.I don"t believe he was a saint ,specially not in the early years ,perhaps he mellowed in later years ,who knows !
Still has had a good innings TBh ,and it will be a sad thing for his family ,however we all have to go in the end
Hi. In fairness, my question was a reply to another poster.

Agree with your post.

Page 50 of 53 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top