Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 09:29 PM

Re: Do You Ever Cook Yourself A ‘School Dinner’?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was thinking of more school puddings l didn’t like then....

Tapioca, semolina, ?sago?, coconut cake type puddings, stewed prunes, stewed plums, anything with dried fruit. Yet, l eat plums and custard now but l can’t eat them fresh. I can also eat things with dried fruit in them now.

I can’t remember which pudding was ‘frog spawn’?
Tapioca.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 04:35 AM

Mags, I had a feeling it might be Tapioca but now Barry has said, Sago. I don’t know?

Ugh, lt’s the horrible globules, l remember!

I have just remembered sweet milky Macaroni.... another Ugh!!
Sago and Tapioca look almost exactly the same even though they come from different plants. Either could be described as frog spawn

I'd forgotten about macaroni as a milk pudding... Yum!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:16 AM

I was thinking of more school puddings l didn’t like then....

Tapioca, semolina, ?sago?, coconut cake type puddings, stewed prunes, stewed plums, anything with dried fruit. Yet, l eat plums and custard now but l can’t eat them fresh. I can also eat things with dried fruit in them now.

I can’t remember which pudding was ‘frog spawn’?

That might have been Manchester Tart:-

https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk...anchester-tart
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:26 AM

As a child I ate everything I was given even the dreaded school sago which was like white frog spawn....yuk!! My favourite was apple crumble and I make that now especially when we have apples from the little tree in the garden.....

Edited to say I just saw the post referring to white frog spawn and I will how to Judds superior knowledge....yes it was Tapioca

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top