Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 04:32 PM

Re: How often do you see a Police Officer where you live?

As the crow flies, we live approx 500m away from a police training centre. Naturally, we never see a copper on patrol per se, but we do occasionally have a couple of horse mounted officers now and again.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 04:44 PM

Never, since the village square Victorian police station was closed and sold off 20 years ago .....
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 04:50 PM

Because it's a recreation area at a lake I see a police car passing by almost once a week but mostly in the morning when they are not needed. At the beginning of the last shutdown I even saw two mounted policewomen.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:10 PM

I live on a main road and 500 yds as the crow flies we have a bypass . The police cars constantly driving up and down these roads with flashing blue lights . Rarely see them walking but i am 3 miles out of the town . For a small seaside town they are certainly kept on their toes here .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:15 PM

Roughly once a week when there's trouble in the 'orrid new estate just outside the old village where we live. The 'phone will go and it's a case of "Hi Rog, it's us, can you just nip next door and see if Bill can put us a box (or two or three) together - we'll be round later" which means mixed boxes of eggs and whatever to takeaway.

Later a modern version of a "Jam Sandwich" rolls up and - well it's a social call while they pick up their boxes from next door. It suits us, it suits them, and we get the scandal from the estate!

As for patrols round our gaff - nah. Well not that we notice anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:21 PM

I saw tow in waitrose the other day they were buying sandwiches.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:21 PM

We have a Community Support Officer who walks around the village but I think he spends most of his time drinking tea in the local community hall or the library
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
We have a Community Support Officer who walks around the village but I think he spends most of his time drinking tea in the local community hall or the library
Hi

Tjat is his job, providing assurance and gathering intelligence.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I saw tow in waitrose the other day they were buying sandwiches.
Jam sandwich?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 07:09 PM

Not seen any for a long time here. Police car passed us on the main road this afternoon though.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top