Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:44 PM

Fairground Attractions

So, what fairground ride is an absolute no, no for you?
If not currently then when you were younger?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:47 PM

Re: Fairground Attractions

All of them now but I loved the Dodgems or bumper cars we called them.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
All of them now but I loved the Dodgems or bumper cars we called them.
Loved the Dodgems as well. Especially when the little sparks flew at the top! Good memories!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:11 PM

I don't like heights or going around fast but always enjoyed a fairground.You can feel scared but know you not in any real danger (hopefully)
There was one in Butlins,Minehead I would never go on again though.It was a small version of a Big Dipper.The wheels of the cars were in the middle so whenever you came to a corner you thought you were going over the edge.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:15 PM

It is the fairground Big Dipper for me The thought of it going upside down or falling off was always my worst fear.

Just the thought of it now makes me feel queasy ...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I don't like heights or going around fast but always enjoyed a fairground.You can feel scared but know you not in any real danger (hopefully)
There was one in Butlins,Minehead I would never go on again though.It was a small version of a Big Dipper.The wheels of the cars were in the middle so whenever you came to a corner you thought you were going over the edge.
Sounds like the Wild Mouse at Blackpool.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:44 PM

I've been on most things and survived, but this benign looking Viking Ship made me feel sick, and I would never go on it again.....

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sounds like the Wild Mouse at Blackpool.
I have been on that, it scared the s*** out of me. Not because it was high but because it was so rickety.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 10:58 PM

The big dipper, but I love the carousel. Most of the modern rides I'd never go on.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have been on that, it scared the s*** out of me. Not because it was high but because it was so rickety.
The wild mouse at Clackton was pretty scary too for the same reason, the rail the cars went round on was about a foot wide.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top