Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 06:20 PM

Re: What’s your favourite childhood memory?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The first time I sat on a horse. I was in heaven.
Wow, you can still remember that? Must have been a fantastic experience!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Same here Tiff, I was only 3 when dad put me on a clydes back. Long way from the ground but I didn't care.
Tiffany and Roxy, you lived every little girls dream!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I shall always remember helping look after the beach donkeys for a fortnight every single year we went back to the same holiday resort.
I had one particular favourite called 'Mary,' and always found her again each year. She was so gentle, and had three white streaks in her mane.

I would help the donkey man catch them and tack them up, and then we could ride them up to the beach. We'd walk the poor old things up and down all day long giving rides to kids, then ride them back to their field and untack them at tea time. Same every day, every year.

Still love and support donkeys to this day.

A more unpleasant memory was of my brother always bullying me.
The Donkeys are such a poignant story. Thank you for sharing it! Sorry about your brother. I hope it got better as you he grew up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 07:05 PM

My Daddy travelling miles on the bus to see me some Sundays when I was little and living with my Great Aunt and her family. We had tiny sandwiches and chocolate eclairs for tea

But oh the sadness when he went away again without me and I had to wait for another Sunday visit to see him again
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 07:24 PM

Being looked after by various different members of the family when my parents split up, and me heading straight for the bookshelves to sit and read books for hours and hours. I realise now it was escape, but it left me with a love of reading and writing.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Same here Tiff, I was only 3 when dad put me on a clydes back. Long way from the ground but I didn't care.
Originally Posted by Minx ->
Tiffany and Roxy, you lived every little girls dream!
We did, Minx, didn't we, Roxy. The horse I was sat on was a Drummers horse, his name was Pompey, black & white hairy thing & he was huge.
Can't remember the name of the drummer. He was a friend of my Mother's, I must have been around 3/4. It was nearly the end of WW11.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 07:42 PM

Aw, Meg and Pixie. Bittersweet memories for you both .

There were so many good days to remember!

One was a sunny California Saturday building and hanging out in eucalyptus tree forts with my friends. It had it all - a beautiful place, accomplishment of building something on our own, the grownups not knowing where we were or what we were doing, and just that first good sense of being alive and purely happy.

The second was a summer evening when I met my first dog - a wriggly, warm, soft fox terrier puppy. That adoration first sight shaped my life more than any other factor I can think of. Isn't it amazing how formative those early experiences with animals have been! Aren't we lucky!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My Daddy travelling miles on the bus to see me some Sundays when I was little and living with my Great Aunt and her family. We had tiny sandwiches and chocolate eclairs for tea

But oh the sadness when he went away again without me and I had to wait for another Sunday visit to see him again
That must have been so tough for you Meg
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Being looked after by various different members of the family when my parents split up, and me heading straight for the bookshelves to sit and read books for hours and hours. I realise now it was escape, but it left me with a love of reading and writing.
I’m so sorry PixieK but I’m glad to see that those hard times yielded a love for books and reading.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

05-03-2021, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Aw, Meg and Pixie. Bittersweet memories for you both .

There were so many good days to remember!

One was a sunny California Saturday building and hanging out in eucalyptus tree forts with my friends. It had it all - a beautiful place, accomplishment of building something on our own, the grownups not knowing where we were or what we were doing, and just that first good sense of being alive and purely happy.

The second was a summer evening when I met my first dog - a wriggly, warm, soft fox terrier puppy. That adoration first sight shaped my life more than any other factor I can think of. Isn't it amazing how formative those early experiences with animals have been! Aren't we lucky!
A treefort! How fabulous!
I totally agree with you about pets Surfermom! All my most memorable moments include somehow include a dog. I agree animals can shape our childhood experiences for the better.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top