Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:37 PM

Re: What’s your favourite childhood memory?

Many. Most involving the ocean. Leaning to swim. Learning to surf. My first tentative chords on the guitar and the sore fingertips that went with them. The smell of BBQs in summer. Where do I start.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 09:38 PM

I remember dressing myself for the first time to try to impress my parents and walking into the kitchen where they were delighted but also amused. I had put my jumper on back to front! I was about 3 or 4. Also my grandmother brushing my long hair for ages after a bath until it was all shiny and smooth. She lived with us for a couple of years and we spent so much time together. She particularly loved playing cards with my brother and I.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:27 PM

Childhood was the best and worst of times, it is easy to do a short list of the worst, harder to catalogue the best.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:28 PM

Getting My Chopper, against all odds was good.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:52 AM

Fishing and playing in the crystal clear waters of Bermuda when I was 7.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Getting My Chopper, against all odds was good.
Is that a small pushbike with high handlebars Spit?..Or a kid size helicopter?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 05:25 AM

Such good recollections you all had. ST, you were precious! Nice of you too, Ciderman, but I'll spare the "precious" part . That must have been quite a big deal for you! Very fun, Right Now. You got me thinking about my Flexible Flyer! Annie you are so fortunate to remember you grandmother so fondly.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:19 AM

Spending a lot of time with my mum’s sister, and taking the dog out for walks. Curling up in her sitting room with my cousin’s comic books (Beano, Dandy etc). I’d read them time and again. My Nan’s sitting room was at the back of the house, looking out to the garden.

Bringing home a pup, that the owner said we could have for a small sum. Yes, my parents agreed we could keep her and she held a special place in my heart.

Dad worked as a builder and decorator and I used to hold his overalls to my nose and inhale the smell from them. Can still imagine it to this day.

On a holiday in Clacton we decided to do a day trip to France (me, my two sister, and parents). Then trying to get my older sister to speak French to an ice cream seller. Don’t think she was all that keen.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:11 AM

My cat....Whisky
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:14 AM

Driving the tractor was one of them.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top