Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:44 PM

Painful encounters with animals

What is the most painful animal encounter that you’ve experienced?

My encounter of the blue kind took place in December 2005. I went swimming in the ocean. At that time of year, the Portuguese Man o’ War locally known as ‘blue bottles’ rode the tide into Margate Main beach. They were brought in by a North Easterly wind.

Now let me tell you, there’s no pain in the world that’s worse than a blue bottle sting. It’s tentacles got me clean across my entire back. Nothing I had ever experienced could compare to that excruciating pain. My dad was pretty worried because he knew that I have a high pain threshold. I was paralysed on the picnic blanket for 2-3 hours before I could move. Crying like a baby. Later I saw the size of the demon that stung me. That entity was huge. I included a picture of the monster below.

What has been your most painful encounter with an animal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9ED767B0-6153-4788-8DC8-5D56E022256D.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	14919

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:49 PM

Re: Painful encounters with animals

I was once bitten by a German Shepherd dog. Hasten to add it was not the dogs fault - it was mine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:59 PM

The only time I can recall being hurt by an animal is as a child, our family dog bit my top lip.

I learned the hard way not to put my face up to a dog when he was enjoying a bone.

Oh, and someone's pony bit my hand once. He was a bad tempered little ratbag at the best of times.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:06 PM

Yes, I was also bitten by a German Shepherd. I arrived at my cousin's house on New Year's Eve, The family had left to go to the pub with the granny left it home - plus that bloody great dog. It grabbed me in the privates. Her name was Lady..............
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:21 PM

I was bitten by a Dachshund, my fault, but it also bit the old man, and on the face of it, he did nothing to attract such attention, the dog must have sensed something.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:23 PM

Being savaged on the hand/wrist, by a feral kitten while helping the farmer's wife to put it in a cage. I had to go to the surgery for an anti tet shot, the nurse did the jab but didn't like the look of it & called the Doc to see it, he gave me AB's. I know never to go near a feral cat/kitten without gloves now.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:33 PM

Unlike Africa, Europe and the Americas, we have no particularly dangerous land mammals in Australia. An angry adult kangaroo can kill you with one well placed swipe of that strong heavy tail and it can disembowel you with those sharp claws. But it will only do that if you try to hurt it's joey or antagonise it for fun. In which case you probably deserve it. Otherwise no problem. But we make up for it one hundred fold by what is in the ocean and the reptilian and insect creatures that live in both the city and the outback and everywhere in between. I am lucky. I've never been bitten by a Taipan or a funnel web spider. Otherwise in the case of the former I wouldn't be here talking to you. I've come face to face with sharks but they chose not to pick on me. Never been stung by an Irukandji. So, still here. But I have had some painful bites. Red back spiders leave their mark. Extremely painful but rarely fatal. The very worst pain I have felt from a bite was from a bush scorpion. Only small. About 6 cm long. Steel grey colour. I was stung on the little finger while lifting a brick. I felt nothing at first. But after a minute or two I felt like my whole hand was on fire. Then after another minute I passed out. The infoprmation line said I would be OK as long as there were no allergic reactions. There wasn't. But I had to just fight through the pain and that it would ease ina day or two...Whaa!!?..So I drank several cans of beer, took a variety of other drugs..legal and otherwise. Until I passed out again. The pain lasted three days before it settled. That tiny little part of my finger is still numb to this day. THat happened over thirty years ago.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:59 AM

Stumbled upon a wasps nest in a loft.Go bitten quite a few times before I made my escape.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:43 AM

I have had quite a few interesting encounters, but the one that is most memorable was the time a dinner-sized jellyfish plastered itself across my face when I fell of my surfboard. I'll never forget the feeling as I tugged the giant sucking thing away. I think it was as shocked and grossed out as I was.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have had quite a few interesting encounters, but the one that is most memorable was the time a dinner-sized jellyfish plastered itself across my face when I fell of my surfboard. I'll never forget the feeling as I tugged the giant sucking thing away. I think it was as shocked and grossed out as I was.
That sounds really scary!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top