Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 07:43 AM

Re: Painful encounters with animals

I was once bitten by a horse as I did up its rugs .
Luckily it was winter and I was well padded up otherwise it would have broken my arm as it was I was hurting for days .
Have been thrown off many times and kicked a couple . Horses are big powerful animals but I love them .
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I was once bitten by a German Shepherd dog. Hasten to add it was not the dogs fault - it was mine.
I hope it was just a flesh wound!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:05 AM

Hi

Twice for me.

Lost all my teeth as a teenager whilst calving a cow.

Years later, had an attack dog set on me.

Serious injuries to my leg.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:54 AM

I once got bit by a big African Grey Parrot, my Neighbour had an Avery and asked if I would come with her to this Bird place to buy some more Birds for her Avery, and I have a habit of sticking my fingers in cages and this particular day this Parrot got me and I couldn't get my finger out and had to ask for help, Staff came and opened up the Cage and had to prize open the Birds beak to get my flat finger out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:44 AM

One of our Schnauzers Ross, a champion stud dogs managed to scale a 6 foot fence to reach another champion stud dog Bobby and my 16 year old instinct was to pick up the smallest dog and remove it .
In the process my hand was badly torn and I had to go to hospital for stitches and a tetanus injection .
In a similar situation now I would attempt to cover the eyes of one of the dogs with a garment of clothing to buy time.

I have silver statue of the dog who bit on my shelf my boss had it made to go on her car bonnet. When she became to old to drive she had the model mounted on marble and gave it to me .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I was once bitten by a horse as I did up its rugs .
Luckily it was winter and I was well padded up otherwise it would have broken my arm as it was I was hurting for days .
Have been thrown off many times and kicked a couple . Horses are big powerful animals but I love them .

Yes, me too & bitten. One dear little pony stomped on my foot, deliberately, when I was putting her feed in her manger, evil she was. This was all a long time ago & I do miss looking after horses.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The only time I can recall being hurt by an animal is as a child, our family dog bit my top lip.

I learned the hard way not to put my face up to a dog when he was enjoying a bone.

Oh, and someone's pony bit my hand once. He was a bad tempered little ratbag at the best of times.
Mups I always believe that little children and dogs should always be supervised by adults. Sorry about the pony - I hope it was just a nip!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

06-03-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, I was also bitten by a German Shepherd. I arrived at my cousin's house on New Year's Eve, The family had left to go to the pub with the granny left it home - plus that bloody great dog. It grabbed me in the privates. Her name was Lady..............
Shame perhaps poor old Lady was hungry! At least she had a HAPPY new year
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

06-03-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I was bitten by a Dachshund, my fault, but it also bit the old man, and on the face of it, he did nothing to attract such attention, the dog must have sensed something.
Yeah, I don’t think a Dachshund counts Spitty! It’s not like it’s a Rottweiler or a German Shepherd. But we’ll allow it as a painful encounter
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

06-03-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Being savaged on the hand/wrist, by a feral kitten while helping the farmer's wife to put it in a cage. I had to go to the surgery for an anti tet shot, the nurse did the jab but didn't like the look of it & called the Doc to see it, he gave me AB's. I know never to go near a feral cat/kitten without gloves now.
That sounds awful. Feral kittens! Who would have guessed. I’ll remember that!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top