Join for free
Page 26 of 35 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 03:32 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Another commonsense push against farcical EU requirements has been reported just in the past hour:

"Northern Ireland has remained a part of the EU's single market for goods which includes following EU plant health rules.

This has meant that soil from other parts of the UK cannot legally enter NI, causing difficulties for garden centres.

The government is now temporarily relaxing that rule.

It means that bulbs or vegetables that have been grown in soil can be sent from GB to NI with soil attached."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56294309
So if we visit NI we no longer have to change our shoes before we
enter?? Great innit !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:39 PM

Another commonsense push against farcical EU requirements has been reported just in the past hour:

"Northern Ireland has remained a part of the EU's single market for goods which includes following EU plant health rules.

This has meant that soil from other parts of the UK cannot legally enter NI, causing difficulties for garden centres.

The government is now temporarily relaxing that rule.

It means that bulbs or vegetables that have been grown in soil can be sent from GB to NI with soil attached."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56294309
You forgot "washed but still slightly dirty" agricultural equipment, Zaphod.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
You forgot "washed but still slightly dirty" agricultural equipment, Zaphod.
Crazy, innit!

I didn't forget it Percy, but I do try to avoid lengthy posts despite how it sometimes might appear.
At least I know that somebody reads some of the articles I link, and my thanks for doing so.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 11:38 AM

It isn't breaking international law.
As for domestic law, that has yet to be decided by our courts but as we can see that you've already pronounced judgement perhaps we could just do away with the expensive legal option?
Before you listen to media trash and perpetuate their myths you might like to check just what "international law" you or indeed anyone else thinks has been broken, and provide evidence of this supposed law?

' “These are temporary easements and it’s perfectly common practice whilst deals are being implemented to have temporary easements in place,” Truss told Sky News on Friday.'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2AX0ZZ?il=0

'“What they’re only interested in is protecting their bloc, they’re not interested, as they claim to be, in protecting the Belfast agreement,” Arlene Foster told BBC radio on Friday.

“If they were, they would not be taking the action that they’re taking a present.”
'
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2AX0TP?il=0

Since when was the Republic of Ireland part of the UK ?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:48 PM

Crazy, innit!

I didn't forget it Percy, but I do try to avoid lengthy posts despite how it sometimes might appear.
At least I know that somebody reads some of the articles I link, and my thanks for doing so.
When did that happen Zaphod ??

Donkeyman! 🙏🙏
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:32 PM

The EU is sliding into a United States of Europe

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ates-of-europe
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 11:47 PM

If our government does not deliver they can expect to lose the majority or worst at next GE.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 11:56 PM

Hi

We have been mislead about Brexit.

The important thing is that we have left.

Where we have been misled and still are being misled is about our preparedness for it.

We were not ready for it, are still not ready for it, are once again pushing back the dates when we will be ready for it and every week we do so we are giving the EU an advantage.

I object to this, we should not give them an inch.

Gove is once again massaging the figures, Pritti has done naff all about Border Security in reality and we are becoming a joke.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

08-03-2021, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have been mislead about Brexit.

The important thing is that we have left.

Where we have been misled and still are being misled is about our preparedness for it.

We were not ready for it, are still not ready for it, are once again pushing back the dates when we will be ready for it and every week we do so we are giving the EU an advantage.

I object to this, we should not give them an inch.

Gove is once again massaging the figures, Pritti has done naff all about Border Security in reality and we are becoming a joke.
In short: drivel.

You can't blame any government for our business not being prepared for Brexit, or was almost five years notice not enough?
It's not difficult to find out the EU's requirements you know, especially when they have a handy website that lists pretty much everything you could ever need to know about trading with the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 07:33 PM

In short: drivel.

You can't blame any government for our business not being prepared for Brexit, or was almost five years notice not enough?
It's not difficult to find out the EU's requirements you know, especially when they have a handy website that lists pretty much everything you could ever need to know about trading with the EU.
What business do you run out of interest?

Page 26 of 35 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top