Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:41 PM

Re: Are The Royal Family Turning Into An Up-Market Version Of The Jeremy Kyle Show?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yawn...
If Harry and Megan wish to go their own way that is fine by me but please spare us the drama ..
Originally Posted by Omah ->
Agreed .....
Agreed here too.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 03:16 PM

Re: Are The Royal Family Turning Into An Up-Market Version Of The Jeremy Kyle Show?

A few years ago Harry I think said about the royal family "they are the family she never had" so what happened?

You cannot appear to escape the news that surrounds them.

So my thought's are least said soonest mended never was so true.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
At least it takes a bit of heat off the Andrew saga.
For a while, at least.

Divorce, affairs, scandals. Not forgetting that Harry has yet to meet his father-in-law or the rest of the bunch. Archie and the unborn child born into a maelstrom, poor souls.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 03:45 PM

Well if she managed to convince him he was actually quite miserable, before whisking his off to America, that says more about her than him.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 03:59 PM

Sadly, I was named after one of the Royals! (Edward)

And my Brother was named after two of them. (Richard John)

Never lived it up!

Never lived it down!

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:06 PM

Whilst it is seen that Megan has married into the royal family, she is still an American actress at heart and one thing that is extremely important to an actress is that they stay in the public limelight because to do so means their public profile increases more and more and as they become more high profile in the public, the more they become in demand from sponsors and advertisers and anyone else who is prepared to offer them money for their story.

When Megan starred in the US tv drama Suits (before she left and married Harry), her image was everywhere. Her agent made sure she was kept in the publics and media limelight. She did lots of interviews, product sponsors and advertisements but when she married Harry, being a royal meant she was to hide away from high profile public and media spotlight so adorned.

Ever since she has married Harry, she or at least her agent/management team have done everything they can to keep her in the public eye. The constant rumours about the rivalry between her and Kate. The constant leaks of issues she's had with royal members of staff. Then along came the letter issue about her father and the legal case with the tabloid press. Then is it was month to month coverage of her being pregnant. Now it is two fold, persistence about her 2ns pregnancy and the issues of bullying.

And what has been the result of all of this persistence high public profile?, more and more deals with sponsors and advertisers and media companies wanting interviews.

She is a media pariah and the UK has it's very own media pariah of the same calibre, Katie Price. When know one is talking about her, Katie will always do something that gets herself back into the media spotlight. You watch, when the media spotlight on Megan starts to dwindle, she will do something that gets the attention of the media.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I keep asking myself if the Royals are, really, just a fabrication created by the Press.

I have never met one, in Real Life, and only hear about them in the Media.

The Papers need a big scandal, every now and again, to keep their papers selling. So why not create a fictional family to focus on?

Get some comic actors in, to play the various roles.

The Government might even be in Cahoots as it can bury a lot of spending by putting it down to Royal Estates, etc.

Hey, A new Conspiracy Theory - I like it!

That could get interesting what with 'colour blind' casting, Idris Elba as The Queen, Julian Clary as Prince Phillip and Dame Judy Dench as Me again. Can't wait.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
That's very quick and witty!
ere, ere!
It was.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
A few years ago Harry I think said about the royal family "they are the family she never had" so what happened?

You cannot appear to escape the news that surrounds them.

So my thought's are least said soonest mended never was so true.
No money to be made playing happy families.

Rumours that Meghan intends to go into politics, so returning to acting might not be the plan. Tell-all exclusives and books about family, friends, anybody she and Harry feel have slighted them. Expect more revelations about the "family she never had".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-03-2021, 04:16 PM

The Royals' biggest error was letting the cameras in for the first time in the 60's. Up until then, they had always been seen as something mysterious, a perfect family that everyone had to look up to. Of course, once Phil let the press in, we discovered that they were actually of a load of lying, cheating, bullying, self-important good for nothings onto a nice little earner.

The only thing stopping them appearing on Jeremy Kyle is that they can afford the most expensive clothes.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top