Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:15 PM

Re: Brazilian variant

Originally Posted by Mags ->
...... but they had quarantined! ..... that’s all you need ‘worry’ about.

You appear to have a habit of blaming the government in every bit of news you snip from the media.
Well, I try not to keep my head in the sand .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, I try not to keep my head in the sand .....
There is a very fine line line between keeping your head in the sand and not worrying about the 'What if's' Omah....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There is a very fine line line between keeping your head in the sand and not worrying about the 'What if's' Omah....
Well, my career in IT operations management required skills in (past) performance reviews and (forward) contingency planning .....

However, I started as a computer programmer - a job littered with IF, THEN, ELSF, etc. .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, my career in IT operations management required skills in (past) performance reviews and (forward) contingency planning .....

However, I started as a computer programmer - a job littered with IF, THEN, ELSF, etc. .....
Sounds more like insurance than IT Omah....
Taking too much notice of what the media is saying though produces unnecessary stress and aggression...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

06-03-2021, 04:09 PM

Taking too much notice of what the media is saying though produces unnecessary stress and aggression...
Not taking notice of the media is like sticking your head in the sand .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:25 PM

Someone didn't fill the form out truthfully. Well there's a surprise.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:28 PM

Yup, our media do have this tendency to be very selective about what they want us to see and all too often miss out the context or relevant factors completely which, of course, leads to very misleading stories.
Some people however seem to thrive on such "fake news" ......
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

11-03-2021, 01:11 AM

It took almost a month to locate a missing positive case

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-10/...race-programme

On March 5, Health Secretary Hancock proudly announced that a carrier of a Brazilian variant of concern had been located after going missing due to an incomplete passenger locator form.

It took five days after the case was identified as a variant of concern for Test and Trace to locate the missing person.

In a desperate bid to locate the person, Matt Hancock held a press conference in which he urged anyone who could be the person to "get in touch".

The search was narrowed down to 379 houses in the south east, before the person was eventually located in Croydon.

Matt Hancock praised the "dogged determination" of health authorities who found the missing case.

But the person who did not complete a test registration form was tested for coronavirus on February 12 or 13, meaning it took almost a month * for the positive case to be located.
I make it 3 weeks but, nevertheless, that's a long time for a possible "superspreader" to be on the loose in the community and longer than I inferred from the original reports .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-03-2021, 11:13 AM

Wasn't he found to be self isolating at home Omah?
and there have been no reports of the further spread of that particular strain. So all's well that ends well....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 11:27 AM

According to the DM (yes, I know) this man handed himself in. Checks were ongoing afterwards to find out if anyone else tested in the Croydon area, where he was found, had been infected:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wide-hunt.html

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top