Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:20 PM

Re: Are The Royal Family Turning Into An Up-Market Version Of The Jeremy Kyle Show?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Royals' biggest error was letting the cameras in for the first time in the 60's. Up until then, they had always been seen as something mysterious, a perfect family that everyone had to look up to. Of course, once Phil let the press in, we discovered that they were actually of a load of lying, cheating, bullying, self-important good for nothings onto a nice little earner.

The only thing stopping them appearing on Jeremy Kyle is that they can afford the most expensive clothes.
Whoo Hoo! Right on!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:24 PM

Re: Are The Royal Family Turning Into An Up-Market Version Of The Jeremy Kyle Show?

I'm not feeding the animals .
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Royals' biggest error was letting the cameras in for the first time in the 60's. Up until then, they had always been seen as something mysterious, a perfect family that everyone had to look up to. Of course, once Phil let the press in, we discovered that they were actually of a load of lying, cheating, bullying, self-important good for nothings onto a nice little earner.

The only thing stopping them appearing on Jeremy Kyle is that they can afford the most expensive clothes.
No different to MP's but I bet you value MP's more than you do the Royal family.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:41 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...an/ar-BB1cQO9N

The 76-year-old said he hopes the film would be ready by the end of this year.

Another godsend for her father.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Whilst it is seen that Megan has married into the royal family, she is still an American actress at heart and one thing that is extremely important to an actress is that they stay in the public limelight because to do so means their public profile increases more and more and as they become more high profile in the public, the more they become in demand from sponsors and advertisers and anyone else who is prepared to offer them money for their story.

When Megan starred in the US tv drama Suits (before she left and married Harry), her image was everywhere. Her agent made sure she was kept in the publics and media limelight. She did lots of interviews, product sponsors and advertisements but when she married Harry, being a royal meant she was to hide away from high profile public and media spotlight so adorned.

Ever since she has married Harry, she or at least her agent/management team have done everything they can to keep her in the public eye. The constant rumours about the rivalry between her and Kate. The constant leaks of issues she's had with royal members of staff. Then along came the letter issue about her father and the legal case with the tabloid press. Then is it was month to month coverage of her being pregnant. Now it is two fold, persistence about her 2ns pregnancy and the issues of bullying.

And what has been the result of all of this persistence high public profile?, more and more deals with sponsors and advertisers and media companies wanting interviews.

She is a media pariah and the UK has it's very own media pariah of the same calibre, Katie Price. When know one is talking about her, Katie will always do something that gets herself back into the media spotlight. You watch, when the media spotlight on Megan starts to dwindle, she will do something that gets the attention of the media.
Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
No money to be made playing happy families.

Rumours that Meghan intends to go into politics, so returning to acting might not be the plan. Tell-all exclusives and books about family, friends, anybody she and Harry feel have slighted them. Expect more revelations about the "family she never had".
Although I don't "follow" the greedy graspers, that's how it seems to me .....

Markle is fixated on fame and wealth - MMW, her divorce from Harry will net her millions .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 05:10 PM

The more, and hopefully long lasting damage this does to the Windsor's the more I will appreciate Me-again.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
No different to MP's but I bet you value MP's more than you do the Royal family.
I value Corbyn more than I value the Windsor's.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It is not your thread that is boring Art I would never say such a thing no it is the ongoing saga of Harry and Megan
who want privacy so should learn not to court attention.

As was pointed out on the radio this morning, Megan 'falls out ' with a lot of people her father and siblings included, she is an actress by trade who likes drama I just wish she would learn to limit it to her work ...

That sums it up nicely, Meg.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
At least it takes a bit of heat off the Andrew saga.

Yes, that's a thought - where's he disappeared to?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:12 PM

https://www.macleans.ca/royalty/what...ch-royal-life/

Edward VIII, who became the Duke of Windsor after his abdication, is a cautionary tale. He started his post-regal life in a blaze of publicity, but slowly, inexorably, that adulation faded. Though the Windsors always maintained a spectacularly royal life, he and Wallis were eventually negotiating fees for interviews and memoirs.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.". Harry's fear of history repeating itself well founded permanent exile because "Meghan gets what Meghan wants".

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top