Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:43 AM

Re: Why is covid killing people of colour

Dark skin does absorb vitamin D from the sun, it just takes a lot more sunshine to generate as much absorption as that of white skin.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Something in that ( plenty of sun there) I’ve been pondering on, but is it because of the colour of their skin they’re not absorbing it , even in their native habitat ?
I’d like to see stats on their Vit D levels .
They took his vit D level on the programme it was average not good or bad.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Driving into Bradford its easy to see what terrible hygiene standards abound....filthy curtains slung across filthy windows gardens strewn with rubbish litter everywhere....you can't keep blaming the government for this type of behaviour and poor standards....I grew up in the slums of Leeds but I got a clip around the ear if I dropped litter.....people have to take personal responsibility the virus thrives because its allowed to.
Indeed.
We've just been to Bradford only yesterday to visit my dad's grave. That too is in a bit of a state, but I have resolved to go back in better weather to clear up the weeds, etc.

Back on topic, though, yes Bradford is really a sad city now. There are still some well-built stone buildings, but there are also many 'cardboard boxes' stemming from the '60s which is when the rot began to set in. Not a pleasant place to live now, though Marge's mother still lives there, but at least not in the inner city.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I take Vitamin D Tablets.

I need to because I am inside most of the time.

I can only do my exercise inside, low temperatures are not good for angina.
Marge makes me take them too. I do what I'm told!
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:17 PM

Bottom line is, they tried to evaluate these figures to suit their own agenda.

Firstly, they tried to blame deprivation for the Covid deaths, then when they realised doctors who died were well off, they immediately blamed systemic racism - and when they were told that the latest research, based on fact, debunked their theories, they simply condemned the researcher's findings because it didn't fit into their warped thinking.

Racists stirring up a storm and backed by the BBC.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:41 PM

In my opinion it didn’t come over like that at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->

Firstly, they tried to blame deprivation for the Covid deaths, then when they realised doctors who died were well off, they immediately blamed systemic racism - and when they were told that the latest research, based on fact, debunked their theories, they simply condemned the researcher's findings because it didn't fit into their warped thinking.

The latest is that not enough 'people of colour' are volunteering for covid vaccine testing. The reason? They can't get the time off work.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-03-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->

The race card is a very valuable weapon. I can understand why so many make use of it.

Of course, that is our own fault for providing them with the weapon!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 11:53 PM

Lifestyle, choice, misinformation...? Incorrect statistics or insufficiently large sampling group...? There's nothing I can do about it anyway, so I honestly don't concern myself with the matter at all. Not my problem.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by tachyon ->
lifestyle, choice, misinformation...? Incorrect statistics or insufficiently large sampling group...? There's nothing i can do about it anyway, so i honestly don't concern myself with the matter at all. Not my problem.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top